Options

"Search Box" Content Block

mishenkamishenka Banned Posts: 470 Major grins
edited December 4, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Hello All. I couldn't find straight answer anywhere, so I am asking here. What areas does the "Search Box" content block hit when searching? I do not meant the scope- I know I can specify entire site, specific location, etc. I would like to know what fields are being looked up by the search algorithm, please? Does it search only in Gallery name? or within gallery description? or meta keywords? or each individual file name/meta keywords/description? or all of the above?

I hope someone from SmugMug can provide a straight forward and precise answer to my question. I am saying "someone from SmugMug" simply because I believe only people who designed and developed the function know how it works.

Thank you,
mike

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2013
    Mike,

Did you see the following help page link?

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/98690-how-does-search-work-search-syntax-tips-and-tricks-

It may be of some help with clarifying search.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2013
    Thank you, Teach, for the link. Can I clarify something, please? Seems like the article in the link talks primarily about the old SM. Perhaps it does not matter.
    The article refers to Keywords. It is my understanding the these are image keywords: on new SM, Organizer > go to a gallery > "wrench" > Caption&Keywords. Correct? This will place keywords for each image/file. Is there a place in new SM to somehow keyword, tag, etc. a gallery that a search function can find that gallery entirely based on that tag/keyword and regardless whether or not and how images are keyworded in that gallery? Can a Folder be keyworded/tagged so it can be picked up by a search algorithm?

Thank you very much,
    mike
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2013
    You can set up keywords for a gallery in the gallery settings > basics section. Those should be considered by search along with the gallery title and description. To return a gallery in search, after running the search, just click on the galleries button that comes up below the search box.

Folders can't be searched for at this time.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2013
    Thank you, Sebastian.