Options

SIngle Picture Display options

TallPhotoGuyTallPhotoGuy Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
edited December 2, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
When you view a gallery and select a single photo, where do you set the default display characteristics, i.e. small or large picture

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2013
    When you view a gallery and select a single photo, where do you set the default display characteristics, i.e. small or large picture
    Smugmug has decided to ignore its customer requests and throws up the size they want in lightbox.

The only thing you can do is set the "maximum" display size in gallery settings.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Smugmug has decided to ignore its customer requests and throws up the size they want in lightbox.

The only thing you can do is set the "maximum" display size in gallery settings.

Cant seem to find where to do this,
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2013
    Cant seem to find where to do this,
    Under gallery settings you can set the max photo display size.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Under gallery settings you can set the max photo display size.

I have looked and looked, don't see anyplace to set the max size, can I get more details on gallery settings
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,270 moderator
    edited December 1, 2013
    I have looked and looked, don't see anyplace to set the max size, can I get more details on gallery settings
    The maximum display size is on the Security & Privacy tab of Gallery Settings.

Help page on gallery settings is at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1227357-gallery-settings for new smug and at http://legacyhelp.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93307-where-are-my-gallery-settings- for legacy smug. While the dialogs look different between new and legacy the same settings are in both. I've included the link to the help for legacy because I believe the explanations are more detailed.

--- Denise
  • Options
    brilliantbertbrilliantbert Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 1, 2013
    I'm with the original poster on this. All my uploaded pics have been processed and are at usually 1200px across. I'd like this maximum size to be the default if anyone clicks on an image and all my galleries are set to display maximum of 'original image', however a smaller (x2?) always appears unless you go through rigmarole of clicking the size icon. If I select the security & privacy tab on the gallery I only have choice of Original (which is selected) or X, X2, X3. Selecting none of those result in the original big image appearing automatically on screen
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2013
    Original size images are never displayed automatically in the Lightbox. If you wanted it to display larger than X2, you would have to upload in X3 or larger size (at least 1600 pixels wide) and set the maximum display size to X3 or Original.

X2 actually starts at 1280 pixels wide, so you might currently be seeing XL. Try uploading 1280 or 1300 pixels wide and see if it gets you where you want to be.