help needed: Goddaughter's portrait

digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
edited December 18, 2005 in People
Ok, took a portrait of my Goddaughter today as a surprise for her grandmother......she loves faeries as much as her mother and I do, so that was the theme. Here's the shot.....I keep going back and forth on whether or not I should take out the hot spots in her eyes, or leave it like it is. Sparkle or no sparkle? aaack. Thanks in advance for any and all input! I have about 24 hours to decide so I can get prints ordered and the frame painted and finished before Christmas.

No sparkle:
48658753-L.jpg

w/ sparkle:
48667435-L.jpg

Comments

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    Hi DF so good to see you again....

I have to say, I really love the sparkles. It really gives it that extra something special. And I think this is going to be fabulous Christmas present too!clap.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2005
    DF

I have really missed seeing your work. I still think of the iris picture you did for one of the challenges. Outstanding. I hope your absence is due to your being very, very busy doing fabulous photography for a living.

As for your charming photo, I like the eyes the way they are - you need highlights in the eyes - and I think the sparkles are great - and fun!! Her forehead and cheeks are a bit overexposed for my taste, but the picture works with or without the sparkles. Go with what feels right for you. Her godmother will love it either way.

Virginia

Email
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    Flyinggina wrote:
    DF

I have really missed seeing your work. I still think of the iris picture you did for one of the challenges. Outstanding. I hope your absence is due to your being very, very busy doing fabulous photography for a living.

As for your charming photo, I like the eyes the way they are - you need highlights in the eyes - and I think the sparkles are great - and fun!! Her forehead and cheeks are a bit overexposed for my taste, but the picture works with or without the sparkles. Go with what feels right for you. Her godmother will love it either way.

Virginia

aww, thanks. I miss being able to be on here as much as I used to. Yes, I have been busy, not making much money as of yet, lol, but it's just a hobby of mine. It seems I have a lot of stuff lined up for the beginning of '06, so I'm excited.

Thanks for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated! iloveyou.gif
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    Hi DF so good to see you again....

I have to say, I really love the sparkles. It really gives it that extra something special. And I think this is going to be fabulous Christmas present too!clap.gif

good to see you, too. Thanks for the input, we had a blast doing the shoot, she's a very good model. This kid loves the camera.