Options

How to sort Galleries and Pages inside a Folder ?

SergeBerrardVisualsSergeBerrardVisuals Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited December 4, 2013 in SmugMug Support
In each Folder I have several Galleries sorted manually, from the most recent to the oldest, nothing original.
Now, I've created a Page (vs a Gallery) in order to build a nice design for the serie of photos I'm working on.

Bad surprise ! The Organizer does not accept that I move (manually) my new Page before my existing galleries !

Are you aware of this problem ? Did I miss something ? Is there a workaround ?

Many thanks in advance,
Serge
PS : I've checked the settings for "All Folders", the "sorting by" option is correct, ie "Organizer position".

Comments

• Options
    edited December 3, 2013
    Somebody would have an idea ?
    Thanks again in advance,
    Serge
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2013
    Did you use "select from" "Items | Choose"? If you did they are locked in the order that you select them. You'll
    have to reselect them in the order you want.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    Did you use "choose"? If you did they are locked in the order that you select them. You'll
    have to reselect them in the order you want.
    Thank you Allen.
    I'm sorry but I don't understand, where is this "select from" you're speaking please ?
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2013
    ah ok I've found.... sorry again... studying these options currently
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2013
    Thank you Allen.
    I'm sorry but I don't understand, where is this "select from" you're speaking please ?
    When you click on the wrench of a "Pages, Folders, Galleries" box there is a "select from". In its drop
    pick "Items | Choose" > then "items" shows up so click "choose items". Then you can select the
    "items", galleries, pages or folders. You'll have to browse around to find each item to highlight. Select
    in the order you want.
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2013
    OK, I've made my new Page public, so it is clear now for support.
    Here is the link to my folder concerned : http://www.sergeberrardvisuals.com/Galleries/Portraits
    My Page (nicer design than galleries designs, just my opinion) is the last one, others are galleries.

Summary of my issue :
    My Page being my last photos, I want to move it at the beginning of this folder.
    No way using the Organizer.

My folder concerned is a Block "folders, galleries & pages", currently I use "select from" -> "current location".
    If I try, as you said Allen, "select from" ->"items I choose", my problem is I can select one item only.

Thank you again...
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2013
    When you click on the wrench of a "Pages, Folders, Galleries" box there is a "select from". In its drop
    pick "Items | Choose" > then "items" shows up so click "choose items". Then you can select the
    "items", galleries, pages or folders. You'll have to browse around to find each item to highlight. Select
    in the order you want.
    the problem with "items I choose" is that we can choose only one item.
    so for me that means that we are obliged to use several blocks, and the problem of several blocks is that there is no continuation, large empty room between blocks...
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2013
    Maybe a solution would consist in creating an empty Gallery (easily sorted manually with the Organizer as usual), this empty gallery having an automatic redirection to the Page (which would be unlisted)
    The Block inside the empty gallery would be an HTML Block including the code for the redirection.
    Is there an HTML instruction that permits an auto redirection please ?
    Thanks again,
    Serge
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2013
    the problem with "items I choose" is that we can choose only one item.
    so for me that means that we are obliged to use several blocks, and the problem of several blocks is that there is no continuation, large empty room between blocks...
    I chose gallery, page, gallery, folder, gallery with no problem. All show in box in that order.
    After highlighting one browse to another and select a page, gallery or folder. See "breadcrumb" upper left.

Upper right shows how many selected.
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2013
    I chose gallery, page, gallery, folder, gallery with no problem. All show in box in that order.
    After highlighting one browse to another and select a page, gallery or folder. See "breadcrumb" upper left.

OK, I understand what I've missed ^^
    I try again, thank you very much Allen.
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2013

and once again Allen is the best of the best !
    it works like a charm, my page on top now : http://www.sergeberrardvisuals.com/Galleries/Portraits
    THANK YOU ALLEN.
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2013
    and once again Allen is the best of the best !
    it works like a charm, my page on top now : http://www.sergeberrardvisuals.com/Galleries/Portraits
    THANK YOU ALLEN.
    fyi, I've switched my Page to unlisted for some days, you can see it here : http://www.sergeberrardvisuals.com/Galleries/Portraits/Coraline-hashtag-raining/n-HXBNd