Untitled

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited December 18, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2013
    I think this one deserves more eyeballs so I'm giving it a bump up. The mood is dripping out of the frame, down my monitor, and across the keyboard. In the interest of feedback, including the tree seems incongruous. That can either be intentional or not, so I'm only mentioning it as part of the experience - not something negative. If you intended that feeling to occur, then it was successful.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited December 17, 2013
    The tree doesn't bother me. One wants someone in a pose like that to have some space--it contributes to the feeling isolation. Of course, the person may just be looking for a lost contact lens, but ambiguity is good.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2013
    RyanS wrote: »
    I think this one deserves more eyeballs so I'm giving it a bump up. The mood is dripping out of the frame, down my monitor, and across the keyboard. In the interest of feedback, including the tree seems incongruous. That can either be intentional or not, so I'm only mentioning it as part of the experience - not something negative. If you intended that feeling to occur, then it was successful.
    Richard wrote: »
    The tree doesn't bother me. One wants someone in a pose like that to have some space--it contributes to the feeling isolation. Of course, the person may just be looking for a lost contact lens, but ambiguity is good.

Much appreciated gentlemen. I am pretty certain he wasn't looking for a contact lens but I got the

impression that he was having a real setback in life. The thing that crossed my mind at the time was I

was thinking he just lost everything in the stock market or something.The tree is intentional or it was

at the time of processing.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2013
    Nice one

I agree with Richard, but that's a style comment not a knock
    Rags
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2013
    torags wrote: »
    Nice one

I agree with Richard, but that's a style comment not a knock

Thanks for the feedback Rags!