Self-portrait

DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
edited December 18, 2005 in People
just messing around and realized i have no photos of myself. so here one is. here is a picture of that 14 year old thats been giving out photo advice.:rofl

P.S.- how is my conversion??
Daniel Bauer
smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    DanielB wrote:
    just messing around and realized i have no photos of myself. so here one is. here is a picture of that 14 year old thats been giving out photo advice.rolleyes1.gif

P.S.- how is my conversion??
    Hi Danial.. I like the pose.. (cute looking guythumb.gif ) I think it could be sharper, specially the eyes with a bit more contrast boost.. I would also clone out some of that stuff in the background behind the chair. Has great potential I think.
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Danial.. I like the pose.. (cute looking guythumb.gif ) I think it could be sharper, specially the eyes with a bit more contrast boost.. I would also clone out some of that stuff in the background behind the chair. Has great potential I think.

thanks, will do.thumb.gif It was my intention to make it soft. i wanted it to have an older feel to it. :). and as far as the cute part. well...no comment.:D

i'll see what i can do.
    Daniel Bauer

edited December 18, 2005
    DanielB wrote:
    thanks, will do.thumb.gif It was my intention to make it soft. i wanted it to have an older feel to it. :). and as far as the cute part. well...no comment.:D

i'll see what i can do.

here it is with all the junk out of the background.thumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    much better without junk :D
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    I really like it, Daniel. And without the junk is always good. It really works with that portrait.

I don't mind the soft..................it is so................."cute", no, well, I will not forget that adj for awhile, but you do look ageless, not 14 and "cute".

However, the one thing that is bothering me, and I hope everyone else says I am wrong, but I am wondering if it would look better with your fingers not quite so close to your nose.

And, funny, but I didn't notice them at first, so maybe I am just nuts, or something.

ginger, good photo and you do make good comments!
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited December 18, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I really like it, Daniel. And without the junk is always good. It really works with that portrait.

However, the one thing that is bothering me, and I hope everyone else says I am wrong, but I am wondering if it would look better with your fingers not quite so close to your nose.

ginger, good photo and you do make good comments!

ha ha. thanks gingerthumb.gif i too noticed the fingers too close to my nose.. along with all of my friends** :D

i'll try it out again. or maybe i should just chop out part of my fingers and shorten it. lol. i'll experiment later tonight...

thanks all.:):
    Daniel Bauer