Options

Starting with flash training

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited December 8, 2013 in Accessories
Hi there,
I am an owner of nex-f3 and what is still bother me with the flash is that when I take the shot I have always to predict how the scene will look like at the end.

Typically I either end with very harsh direct lighting, or when I bounce the flash through the ceiling very hard shadows in the portraits (as light comes from up down to the face).

I think there are two major thinks I should understand
-the theory of flash lighting and how it interacts with the materials (I am a reading geek and I want to know theory)
-see if I should get an upgrade. Should I go for the nex flash Sony HVL-F20S or perhaps a flash that I would be able to use with future bodies (I would prefer the second option). What type of flashes are out there and what price ranges?

I would like to thank you in advance for your reply

Regards
Alex

Comments

• Options
    jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2013
    alaios wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am an owner of nex-f3 and what is still bother me with the flash is that when I take the shot I have always to predict how the scene will look like at the end.

Typically I either end with very harsh direct lighting, or when I bounce the flash through the ceiling very hard shadows in the portraits (as light comes from up down to the face).

-the theory of flash lighting and how it interacts with the materials (I am a reading geek and I want to know theory)
    -see if I should get an upgrade. Should I go for the nex flash Sony HVL-F20S or perhaps a flash that I would be able to use with future bodies (I would prefer the second option). What type of flashes are out there and what price ranges?

Regards
    Alex

Guten Abend Alex,
    Wie gehts ? You did not say if you are shooting on location or in a studio. Here is a link with lots of info to help you: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3027727
    Schonen Abend,
    Jim...
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    alaios wrote: »
    Hi there,

Regards
    Alex

A good place to start learning about flash is http://strobist.blogspot.com/ here you can learn lots about flash ... ...

Good Luck.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website