Avoiding Christmas Crowds

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited December 18, 2005 in People
Well with a Great-Great-Grandma that has well over 120 direct descendants, the family Christmas party gets a little overwhelming for us introverts. We wandered away from the crowd and I got a couple snapshots. Lighting was poor, but I tried to deal with it as best as I could. Please let me know what you think, and which of the last three is your favorite, since they're all similar and I'm having trouble deciding? :):

One of the many great-grandchildren, and Grandma herself in the background.

party02.jpg

Just for grins, the face that's usually behind the camera. I'm just a great-grandchild. My sister had the first of several great-great-grandkids, and another is on the way. This shot kinda reflects the evening from my eyes... blurred and overly noisy. :rofl
party01.jpg

Melody is one of the regular old grandchildren. My mom's cousin. I'm interested in feedback on these three shots, cause I'm having trouble picking which one is best.

On a semi-related note, everyone digs my hat. :dunno

party05.jpg

party06.jpg

party07.jpg
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    coldclimb wrote:
    Well with a Great-Great-Grandma that has well over 120 direct descendants, the family Christmas party gets a little overwhelming for us introverts. We wandered away from the crowd and I got a couple snapshots. Lighting was poor, but I tried to deal with it as best as I could. Please let me know what you think, and which of the last three is your favorite, since they're all similar and I'm having trouble deciding? :):
    One of the many great-grandchildren, and Grandma herself in the background.
    Just for grins, the face that's usually behind the camera. I'm just a great-grandchild. My sister had the first of several great-great-grandkids, and another is on the way. This shot kinda reflects the evening from my eyes... blurred and overly noisy. rolleyes1.gif
    Melody is one of the regular old grandchildren. My mom's cousin. I'm interested in feedback on these three shots, cause I'm having trouble picking which one is best.
    On a semi-related note, everyone digs my hat. ne_nau.gif
    Hi I like number one the best.. although the red tones are a little high.. Number 2 does'nt work for me.. too much out of focus. I found myself focusing on the stairs and floor in 3 as she is not looking up. 4 is more interesting to me but the stairs in the background just make too much statement to me. 5 is nice.. more of her and less of stairs but I still like 1 the best .. just me 2 cents. Merry Christmas Coldclimb and happy trails.:D
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 18, 2005
    There's crowds to avoid in Alaska? ...

:D

I agree with Lynn, the first shot has some potential but needs some LAB work and some even some sharpening trickery. The other shots are rough focus, as you admit. It was a tough situation, but I'm sure the night wasn't about photography.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]