Help With Making A Banner For A New Power User!!

GEEDEEGEEDEE Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited August 28, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Hi, just upgraded to a Power User, as i thoght it would look more professinal, and thought it would be quite easy to do this.

Now having looked at how to do it, i haven't a clue :scratch.

Is there any kind person out there that would be willing to help me make this if i sent them some photos and the wording i would like in it, please :thumb

Comments

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2004
    I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it. Are You just looking for a title image, or do you need html buttons and other stuff, upload the pics you would like to use to your smugmug account and let me know what you would like it to say and any functionality you would like built in to it.

I will be happy to try.

Here is one I made for me.

http://dehmphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/198265/1.html
  • GEEDEEGEEDEE Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it. Are You just looking for a title image, or do you need html buttons and other stuff, upload the pics you would like to use to your smugmug account and let me know what you would like it to say and any functionality you would like built in to it.

I will be happy to try.

Cheers for that. Your Banner is perfect, including the size. I have had a go at doing a Banner, but its not very good.

I would like a few photos from any of my Gallerys on the Bannner including the words:

GEEDEE's West Ham Photo's Season 2003/2004

Any problems email me downsgeoff@aol.com

Once again thanks for your help.

Geoff http://geedee.smugmug.com/
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:

I will be happy to try.

That was nice of you Greap..clap.gif:D
    edited August 26, 2004
    OK, here is a first try for your comment or suggestions, I need to do the blending a bit better but I have a dentists appointment. Let me know any changes or suggestions you have.

First Draft
  • PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    OK, here is a first try for your comment or suggestions, I need to do the blending a bit better but I have a dentists appointment. Let me know any changes or suggestions you have.

First Draft
    That came out sweet!
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2004
    Greaper, that looks nice. If I might make a suggestion from my old advertising class days... the colors and images are great; what may be missing is a central focus point for the eye. In yours, it's the frog, and then a natural left-to-right read to your title. In this image, everything's about the same size, and spread out, so the eye doesn't know where to go first. What do you think?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited August 26, 2004
    I think you are right. I need to give it some more thought, the desire to use muliple images and the lengthy title make it a bit of a challenge. Its a lot to fit in while keeping the KISS (keep it simple stupid) principal in mind.

headscratch.gif

I have a couple of ideas. After I watch Hidalgo I will take another crack at it.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2004
    wtg greaper!
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

what a cool thing to do, a great service to fellow photographer. thanks man, this was awesome of you to do!
    edited August 27, 2004
    GREAPER

You are a top man, in my eyes that is great. So much better than what i could ever do. clap.gif

If you are not happy with it then fine, i will wait for you to improve it, if that's what you want to do. :D

Once again thanks for what you are doing.
    edited August 27, 2004
    GREAPER

Hi, sorry i have made a mistake with some of the wording. It should say 2004/2005 . Sorry about that.

Also i have added the above Banner to my site, as its so much better than what i had on there.
    edited August 27, 2004
    Well here is a quick fix for the first one on the dates.
    edited August 27, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    Well here is a quick fix for the first one on the dates.
    Great, thanks for that. You are so kind! clap.gif
    edited August 27, 2004
    I like this one better I think.

The blending is better between the merged images on he right and the layout is better for reading, I think i is more natural to the eye and is a little more polished looking.
    edited August 27, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    I like this one better I think.

The blending is better between the merged images on he right and the layout is better for reading, I think i is more natural to the eye and is a little more polished looking.
    I like them both. I just wish i knew how to do it. Thank you very very much.clap.gif
    edited August 27, 2004
    What else is there i can do to make the whole page look more professional.

Any tips and ideas would be very welcome
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2004
    Hey GeeDee, I just tried the official website link and I thing you missed the www out...

No pix from the Reading game?
    edited August 27, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Hey GeeDee, I just tried the official website link and I thing you missed the www out...

No pix from the Reading game?
    That link has now been fixed. I was away on holiday for the Reading game, that's why no photo's.
  • PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2004
    GEEDEE wrote:
    What else is there i can do to make the whole page look more professional.

Any tips and ideas would be very welcome
    I'm not much of a soccer fan. I was back in World Cup 1994 thumb.gif.

Here's a few ideas...A section on the current year's players, final scores and 'behind the scenes' would be great. Maybe since you're putting together such a great site the coach would be willing to let you on-field to shoot :D You could also include articles from local newspapers. Just remember to use a black background when scanning newspaper or text so text from the opposite side doesn't show.

Just imagine you were overseas and weren't able to attend games. What would you want to see?

Keep up the great work.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2004
    Jeepers, greapers, that second one looks really good. Nice work, sir! There's only one thing missing.

Could it be.... a hammer?!!!

rolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2004
    GEEDEE wrote:
    I like them both. I just wish i knew how to do it. Thank you very very much.clap.gif
    I like the second one best.. very smart and easy to read.
    \Geedee.. you could learn to do this.. it's not that hard if you are interested. Do you have Photoshop??
    Lynn:D
    edited August 27, 2004
    Thx for the comments. I must admit that I know nothing about pro soccer. I was thinking to myself all day that I should have asked which team was the focus of the site, I would hate to use pics where the other team was doin cool stuff. I hope I got it right. ( is the missing hammer a soccer thing?)

lynnma is right, it isn't that hard, but when I first started I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

If you like I will send you the photoshop file with the layers in tact so that you can see how it is put together, and even make changes to it if you like.

Let me know.
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    Thx for the comments. I must admit that I know nothing about pro soccer. I was thinking to myself all day that I should have asked which team was the focus of the site, I would hate to use pics where the other team was doin cool stuff. I hope I got it right. ( is the missing hammer a soccer thing?)

lynnma is right, it isn't that hard, but when I first started I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

If you like I will send you the photoshop file with the layers in tact so that you can see how it is put together, and even make changes to it if you like.

Let me know.
    You've got the team right , West Ham's nick name is the Hammers thumb.gif
    edited August 28, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:

Let me know.

Thanks for all your help, the site looks great now. If you could send me the photoshop file, that would be great too.

downsgeoff@aol.com