Options

How to share a folder

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited December 8, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Hi I have a folder that I want to share
with 5 folders, each one shareable. I am able to get a link for each of these galleris but it seems to be a problem with sharing the folder directly. My problem seems to be on how to get the right link of the folder and not each gallery directly.

I would like to thank you in advance for your reply

Regards

alex

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    alaios wrote: »
    Hi I have a folder that I want to share
    with 5 folders, each one shareable. I am able to get a link for each of these galleris but it seems to be a problem with sharing the folder directly. My problem seems to be on how to get the right link of the folder and not each gallery directly.

I would like to thank you in advance for your reply

Regards

alex
    Looking at the folder, copy the browser url and send that.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    It looks empty... the folders in the folder are unlisted
  • Options
    JohnHeroJohnHero Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2013
    If the folders and galleries are unlisted, you will need to share each gallery individually using the SHARE < GET A LINK option. The galley key is required to be in the URL for unlisted galleries to be viewable to logged out viewers. There is not a way to obtain a unlisted folder link and share.

If you need anything else, please email us by going to help.smugmug.com and clicking the "Email Us" link.

John
    SmugMug Support Hero
    John
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2013
    Why these things are not clear in smugmug interface. I have been left weeks now guessing asking for help
    that
    -custom urls if they have greek characters, sharing to facebook doesnot work well
    -collect makes a virtual copy and not a real one
    -collecting over password protected does not work well on facebook
    -sharing unlisted folder is not possible
    -I can not collect through a private gallery to an unlisted.

well some of these might be easy for some to find out, but why in this lovely world I never get a warning from smugmug interface? Smugmug support, I have an 8 month daughter old, I travel every day to get at work 160 kilometers, my wife 80. We are raising our child in a place completely alone. I only have 30 minutes per week to share photos and I DO NOT WANT SPENDING TIME understand what smugmug is NOT able to do.

At least a simple warning message would be enough to prevent me losing so much time.
    Please forward this link to any "supervisor" that really wants to improve smugmug experience

P.S Gosh and this is not a free service