Options

CSS to position nav links

kshayskshays Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited December 9, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

Inspecting the element for the nav bar shows a long div ID. I'd like to be able to do a margin-right: 25px on the nav div container.

Does anyone know right off hand where to put the CSS and the correct div ID or class?

Thanks!

kevin

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2013
    Try this:
    .sm-page-widget-nav .sm-page-widget-nav-popover.sm-page-widget-nav-right,
    .sm-page-widget-nav .sm-page-widget-nav-footer.sm-page-widget-nav-right {}

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2013
    Would it be easier to change the margin of the block? (Triangle in upper left corner.)
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2013
    Ty for the replies.

The css code targets the nav bar, but still not doing what I want it to though.
    I can do a { border: 1px solid red; } and it will take effect, but I can't seem to get the margin-right: 25px; to work though. On my monitor I have to do -450px; Only thing is when I resize the window it doesn't keep the margin like a margin:auto would.

Oh, I also don't see a small triangle in the upper left corner on the nav container.

ty,

kevin
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2013
    kshays wrote: »
    Ty for the replies.
    Oh, I also don't see a small triangle in the upper left corner on the nav container.
    ty,

kevin

I have the navbar on my entire site so it is red. Yours, if located elsewhere may be a different color. Triangle on darker red, upper left corner next to wrench.
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2013
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    I have the navbar on my entire site so it is red. Yours, if located elsewhere may be a different color. Triangle on darker red, upper left corner next to wrench.

Thanks Chancy!

Still didn't help so I decided to just wipe the whole design and start from scratch. I'm creating from a blank and just adding in what I want. Things are going better right now :) I'll let you know when it's done.

ty

Kevin
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,459 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2013
    kshays wrote: »
    Ty for the replies.

The css code targets the nav bar, but still not doing what I want it to though.
    I can do a { border: 1px solid red; } and it will take effect, but I can't seem to get the margin-right: 25px; to work though. On my monitor I have to do -450px; Only thing is when I resize the window it doesn't keep the margin like a margin:auto would.

ty,

kevin

Just remember not everybody has the same monitor size. What may look good on a large monitor may be unusable on smaller monitors.

Chancy is correct though, there should be a "triangle" and add the margin there. I don't use the standard Smugmug nav, so I forgot about that box.
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2013
    Just remember not everybody has the same monitor size. What may look good on a large monitor may be unusable on smaller monitors.

Chancy is correct though, there should be a "triangle" and add the margin there. I don't use the standard Smugmug nav, so I forgot about that box.

Hi,

Yeah, I'm using a triple monitor setup here at the house, but I'm also testing on a 17" reg lcd instead of my 22's. That's one reason I was wanting the margin-right:auto;

Anyway I published the new design and I'll be making small tweaks here and there. Now just to find where to change the font's on my pages. It's getting a bit to get familiar with this new design process from the old one.

ty,

kevin