Options

Blurry photos

racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
edited December 13, 2013 in Bug Reporting
Note how this photo is blurry,
http://photos.toddsphotos.com/Wildlife/Black-Bears/i-C2cJxmq
But when clicked, it shows properly
http://photos.toddsphotos.com/Wildlife/Black-Bears/i-C2cJxmq/A

This is bad in chrome, but the results appear to be more acceptable in firefox with less blur.

Part of it has to do with the way the image is being scaled. If you change your browser window size up and down and watch it scale, you can see the image range back and forth from sharp to blurry.

We are being judged on the sharpness and quality of our images! Ugh
Todd - My Photos

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited December 10, 2013
    Looks fine at both resolutions in Safari.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2013
    Hmmm, yeah, it looks fine in Chrome to me as well
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2013
    racer, do you perhaps have, in your browser, a setting that trades speed for image download quality? If so, that might affect one image more than another. IE used to have something like that.
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2013
    I am 100% certain it is a bug!!! You have to catch the photos at a certain size. The image looks sharp or blurry depending on browser window size.
    Todd - My Photos
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2013
    I had a second look at this in Safari, which is the only browser I have. Had both those representations you linked above up at the same time in different tabs, and resized my browser from very small to full (1920 x 1200 screen size) and I couldn't detect anything overly unusual. And even if any one sizing was blurry, which it wasn't, how would a browser know how much sharpening to apply to an image of a given size (compared to its original), even if it could do on-the-fly sharpening? Must be a Chrome display problem. Has anyone else reported a similar issue?

Racer, could you perhaps do a screen grab of each representation and then post them at 100% crop so we can see what you see?
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2013
    David_S85 wrote: »
    I had a second look at this in Safari, which is the only browser I have. Had both those representations you linked above up at the same time in different tabs, and resized my browser from very small to full (1920 x 1200 screen size) and I couldn't detect anything overly unusual. And even if any one sizing was blurry, which it wasn't, how would a browser know how much sharpening to apply to an image of a given size (compared to its original), even if it could do on-the-fly sharpening? Must be a Chrome display problem. Has anyone else reported a similar issue?

Racer, could you perhaps do a screen grab of each representation and then post them at 100% crop so we can see what you see?

It has nothing to do with sharpening. Thanks for trying to help, but it would be more helpful is someone with a little more expertise could look into it.
    Todd - My Photos
  • Options
    QBiCQBiC Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2013
    I reported this a while back too. http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=236804 See no. 2. Still no response