Options

Reamer

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited December 17, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
I was asked by the owner of the company I work for if I would be interested in re-shooting all their products for their website. The photos they have online were shot with a point & shoot camera and are not satisfied with the details that they could get. So they gave me a few samples to shoot to see if I could show more detail in the tools. The image below was the first one I shot as an experiment. Single SRs Strobie 130 flash through a shoot through umbrella at 1/8 power. Camera at 200 ISO, f8, and 200 ss. This was what I got straight out of the camera. I think they will be very pleased with the result.

121113-2-L.jpg

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited December 13, 2013
    Looks good, and you left room above and below for cropping where needed.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2013
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Looks good, and you left room above and below for cropping where needed.

Thanks for the comment David. As an update, the owner (my boss) was ecstatic with the results of what I showed him, and I was given the job of re-shooting all their products for their website and catalog. Below is another sample I did to post on Facebook. For this image I imported all the images shot into BlogStomp and let it create this image, and it then had it automatically upload it to my Facebook page.

121113-Stomped1-L.jpg

Click Here to view each tool individually.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,199 moderator
    edited December 15, 2013
    Gary752 wrote: »
    ... As an update, the owner (my boss) was ecstatic with the results of what I showed him, and I was given the job of re-shooting all their products for their website and catalog.

I've done product shots and its more work than most realize. Congrats to getting the job!
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2013
    Gary752 wrote: »
    Thanks for the comment David. As an update, the owner (my boss) was ecstatic with the results of what I showed him, and I was given the job of re-shooting all their products for their website and catalog. Below is another sample I did to post on Facebook. For this image I imported all the images shot into BlogStomp and let it create this image, and it then had it automatically upload it to my Facebook page.

121113-Stomped1-L.jpg

Click Here to view each tool individually.

GaryB

Congratulations! I really like this shot combining the different drill bits, well done.