Document the Orgaizer structure

HaraldEHaraldE Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited December 12, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Morning,

Is it today possible to create a document as described below?
Is it possible to extract the requested informatin to an external file?

I have recently changed my structure inside SmugMug, using the new and positiv features in NewSmug.
Now I would like to make a snapshot documentation of this structure. I still need to work on the structure and feel that best is to start with it printed.

Is there a way to get the Organizer structure outside. This could be either as a printed report or as an extract (like a CSV file) which I can import into EXCEL.
The very best would be a facility where I can tick which columns I want, like columns showing Privacy, Max Resolution size, Galary Style, Sorting ... and so on.

Regards, Harald
==================
My focus is on digitizing memories

Comments

• thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    Check out the Gallery List tool here:

http://smugroom.com/tools/

Though the only information saved for each gallery is its title and URL.
  • HaraldEHaraldE Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    Thanks Lamah,

This is brilliant, list gives me a very good view om my structure. I copied it over to a word document and will now do some more work on the structure. The list was 41 pages long so there are quite a lot of galleries in the structure ... and there will be more.

Thanks very so much, Harald
    ==================
    edited December 12, 2013
    Lamah,

Not sure if this utility is from you. Anyway, wanted to give some small feedback to whoever is interested. I can see two issues in my listing now when I have looked at it a bit closer

> The list do not treat national character well ... å is Ã¥, ä shows as ä and ö comes out as ö
    > There are sudden errors in the structure, suddenly a high level folder is missing, means that galleries below is not structured as expected.

I will survive both of these issues but especially the second one is a bit annoying

Regards, Harald
    ==================
  • thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    Sorry, it's not my tool. I did create this tool, which will save a list of your galleries along with some of their settings which you can browse around:

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Backup

However there is no export facility, so I'm not sure if it will suit your needs.
    edited December 12, 2013
    Thanks Lamah you are very helpfull

If it will not give me a listing then it is not what I am looking for
    Also it seems to be written for Chrome and I use Firefox.

My gut feeling is that some kind of documentation feature should be included as part of standard SmugMug.

Regards, Harald
    ==================
  • ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    The smug tool also cannot handle the new functionality of sub-folders in sub-folders in sub-folders. (I think).

I have been taking screen shots of the folder structure (black left column in Organize), with and without sub-folders or galleries listed, when I need to have a quick visual of "what have I got".
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    The big problem is the tree list is not in any order that I can see and finding sometime is time consuming.
    This needs to be in alphabetical order.
    Edit: duh, click sort on upper right.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited December 12, 2013
    Thanks for help and info and comments.

I have now added this as a Feature Request in that forum and hope it will get some attention some day ... or year (;=))

Regards, Harald
    ==================