Options

Wallets and Backprinting

gryhndgryhnd Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
edited December 13, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Ran into the mom of a kid who I did senior portraits for this fall. She was ecstatic over the photos and how they came out on Bayphoto's metallic paper (only option I allow for senior portraits).

She had ordered some wallets as well, and when I flipped the sheet over I noticed that the backprinting didn't land on any of the wallets.

I would have expected that each wallet on the sheet would have a backprint. That's sort of the point to backprinting. As it is now, none of them got it because of its placement on the sheet: a single backprint on the throwaway portion :dunno

So I lost money for the backprint itself, but I'm losing out on the advertising part of having it on the back of each wallet.

Is this something that can be addressed with Bayphoto? Can I turn off backprinting for specific print items if not?

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    We are sorry to hear you are having such trouble. Can you send us an e-mail to help@smugmug.com and give us the order number for the customer's order and a summary of what you just told us so we can get this issue looked into. I have sent a message to Bay to see if we can narrow down what is going on with backprinting. Thank you for your patience.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    gryhndgryhnd Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    Teach wrote: »
    Can you send us an e-mail to help@smugmug.com and give us the order number for the customer's order and a summary

Thanks. Done.
  • Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2013
    I heard back from the print lab and they let me know the following:

"The backprint will not show on all the wallets. The photographer is correct that it is only put once on the sheets. It is too long to print on the individual sized wallets"

Bay Photo has no way to change that. I am very sorry. Wallets are printed on a 7x10 sheet. One back print per sheet. Please accept our humble apology for any problems this causes you.

You can not turn off backprinting per print item. Backprinting is for either all or none of the applicable items.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero