Options

Watermark not showing

Red Bridge PhotoRed Bridge Photo Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited August 31, 2014 in Bug Reporting
I have noticed this before but the fix was to completely delete all the photos in an album and re-upload them. I have taken all day to upload to an album so it would be nice if I didn't have to do it. I realized after I uploaded pictures that I had not set my custom watermark in the settings of a gallery. I go in and tell it to then make the watermark my custom watermark and it NEVER (hours and days later) changes the watermark. I had it happen on one gallery and it applied the "Proof" watermark on some of the images after I told it to watermark the images (mid upload) and it only changed to the custom watermark from where I was in the download at the time. I then had to delete all the images with the proof watermark and re-upload them to get the correct watermark.
Help?!!?

Comments

• Options
    The MechanicThe Mechanic Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2013
    Hi Red Bridge Photo,

If you are trying to watermark currently uploaded images your gallery settings will not make this change, no matter how many hours pass. You will instead need to use the watermarking tool. In the Legacy Smugmug it is found in the gallery, click: Tools > Many Photos > More > Watermarking. If you are in the New SmugMug you can go to your Organizer and then click on the gallery then the tool icon followed by watermark. In either case, you can then add, remove or change a watermark applied to a currently uploaded photo.

You do not need to delete the gallery and re-upload the photos.

The gallery setting for watermarks will only affect photos uploaded After the setting has been changed.

I hope this will help to clear this up.
  • Options
    Red Bridge PhotoRed Bridge Photo Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2013
    Ah, Thank you! in the old smugmug just saying add watermark would always change the watermark to whatever it was. Still learning the ins and outs of the new one
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2013
    Ah, Thank you! in the old smugmug just saying add watermark would always change the watermark to whatever it was. Still learning the ins and outs of the new one
    Not so - updating watermarks in BOTH Legacy and New Smugmug did NOT affect photos that had already been uploaded.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    baldbubbabaldbubba Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 28, 2014
    NO answer!
    I really feel for the customer service guys who have to deal with this watermark issue.
    they have no real answers, if works for some, and some never get it going and have to delete and reload.... just makes no sense at alleek7.gif

SO HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE WATERMARK TO UPLOADED SHOTS? I would like to install a new watermark in every shot on my site,, just cant get an method to do it!!!! THAT WORKS!
  • Options
    bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2014
    There are no issues with watermarking. If you set a watermark in your Gallery Settings, it will be applied to any image uploaded after that point in time. If you use the default PROOF watermark, it will be applied to display sizes Large and Above. If you use a custom watermark, you can specify that it should apply to smaller sizes as well. See:
    http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93343-how-do-i-watermark-photos-

If you want to apply a new watermark to a Gallery, or a series of Galleries, you'll need to go into that Gallery, and re-apply the Watermark in the Organizer (see the help page above). Changing the Watermark in the Gallery Settings will not re-apply the new watermark to the images in that Gallery. The new watermark will only be applied to uploads after that point in time. You need to watermark existing images (that have already been uploaded) in the Organizer.