Greeting Cards: Bay vs EZ Prints

jachangjachang Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
edited December 15, 2013 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have ordered greeting cards from EZ Prints, and they come already folded, in a nice black box. I see that Bay Photo has more selections for paper surface and other things, so I ordered some cards from them to check them out. The cards are beautiful, and you can customize them however you like, but they are shipped unfolded, in a plastic bag. I checked with them, and they said they do not have boxes available, except for their "boutique" packaging, but the cost is prohibitive for that.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere other than EZ Prints that sends your cards in boxes, OR for those that use Bay Photo, is there somewhere to buy empty boxes that won't eat up all the profit from the cards?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 15, 2013
    Hi Jean,
    I'm not familiar with cards from other providers, but to clarify: if you order cards through the SmugMug shopping cart, they will come from EZ Prints. It is not possible to have cards printed at another lab if you place the order through SmugMug.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • jachangjachang Registered Users Posts: 183 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2013
    annnna8888 wrote: »
    Hi Jean,
    I'm not familiar with cards from other providers, but to clarify: if you order cards through the SmugMug shopping cart, they will come from EZ Prints. It is not possible to have cards printed at another lab if you place the order through SmugMug.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero

No, I realize we can only get EZ prints through SmugMug, but many Smuggers order from other labs directly, not through the SM shopping cart, such as Bay Photo. I'm just trying to find out if anyone has used a lab that they like that also has boxes for the cards. Bay Photo's cards are really nice, but no boxes. EZ Prints is pretty limited in options, but has nice boxes.