edited December 18, 2013 in Street and Documentary
11059163463_dbf538c6cd_b.jpg
Energy by Broke In, on Flickr

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited December 16, 2013
    Hey Ben,

Long time no see. wave.gif

I'm not feeling it in this one. I like the motion and the way the stripes parallel the shadows, but it's kind of all scrunched up at the top of the frame and there's not a lot happening below. ne_nau.gif
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    You defiantly captured the energy it looks like both feet are off the ground,and if he was moving any faster you would have missed him . Looks like he was trying to avoid detection. The light in the left corner brings the eye into the action.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    Hey Ben,

Long time no see. wave.gif

I'm not feeling it in this one. I like the motion and the way the stripes parallel the shadows, but it's kind of all scrunched up at the top of the frame and there's not a lot happening below. ne_nau.gif

Hey Richard wave.gif

Guess not long enough rolleyes1.gif
  • RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2013
    I find this photograph quite enjoyable. The composition is unique and fresh. The timing great. The perspective is also quite unique. My only slight bit of feedback would be to try it with/without the subject's cheek. There isn't enough there in this version to make it a graphic element, and cutting it out might de-humanize the figure enough that it will make the subject's other graphic qualities stand out. Either way, it isn't really a major distraction and it could certainly be left as-is. This is one that I like your post-processing style on. I think it really works well. I agree with lensmole, the light triangles in the frame really add an additional sense of movement to the frame.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2013
    lensmole wrote: »
    You defiantly captured the energy it looks like both feet are off the ground,and if he was moving any faster you would have missed him . Looks like he was trying to avoid detection. The light in the left corner brings the eye into the action.
    RyanS wrote: »
    I find this photograph quite enjoyable. The composition is unique and fresh. The timing great. The perspective is also quite unique. My only slight bit of feedback would be to try it with/without the subject's cheek. There isn't enough there in this version to make it a graphic element, and cutting it out might de-humanize the figure enough that it will make the subject's other graphic qualities stand out. Either way, it isn't really a major distraction and it could certainly be left as-is. This is one that I like your post-processing style on. I think it really works well. I agree with lensmole, the light triangles in the frame really add an additional sense of movement to the frame.

Those are some comprehensive comments.
    I felt this image when I saw it and am excited to see support for those feelings!

Ryan, I will look again with your suggestion in mind.