Options

Google Analytics Settings

Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited December 21, 2013 in SmugMug Feature Requests
Hi,

I signed up for smugmug a week or two ago and am loving my new portfolio site. I still have a few things to fix up, but it's looking really good. And works so well with Lightroom!

There are two things that I would like added to the back end:

1) The ability to change the padding between gallery images without custom CSS.

2) And some way of limiting Google Analytics to visitors only. One way I thought might be able to do this is to remove the code or comment it out when users are logged in? Also, the domain.smugmug.com/organize folders etc shouldn't need tracking. I don't like to skew my statistics by my own visits...

Great work guys! Keep it up :)
Karl Lindsay
Nikon D600
Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
Induro CT-014 Tripod
karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    I believe in both Google Analytics and StatCounter you can add your IP address so it does not track you.
    Of course your ISP would need to assign a static IP address.
    No one behind my router is tracked in my house.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2013
    If you're trying to modify the padding outside what's available in the settings, then you'd need to use custom CSS. Check out the customization forum for this topic.
  • Options
    Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2013
    Thanks for the input guys.. but blocking an IP address isn't the greatest solution for laptop use, when I'm moving about.

And I've messed around with the custom CSS, but it wasn't perfect. I'll have another play with it, but that was why I put it here as a feature request. We can change the padding everywhere else (1px, 6px, 12px etc) but not on the landscape collage gallery style.
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px
  • Options
    rustybladesrustyblades Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2013
    Alpha_Plus wrote: »
    Thanks for the input guys.. but blocking an IP address isn't the greatest solution for laptop use, when I'm moving about.

And I've messed around with the custom CSS, but it wasn't perfect. I'll have another play with it, but that was why I put it here as a feature request. We can change the padding everywhere else (1px, 6px, 12px etc) but not on the landscape collage gallery style.

I use Firefox as a browser and have disabled google tracking in the settings. I don't show up on the analytics. Unfortunately it seems that a lot of people are doing something similar as my google analytics stats are going down as my page views as shown by smugmug stats triple. This is over a three year period.