Options

Bmx

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited December 20, 2013 in Sports
Had the first opportunity on Sunday to shoot BMX, indoors, none the less. Glad the organizer was, "flash is awesome.. I wish I could hire some students just to come out and blast flashes at the riders." Just what I like to hear, even if I was having random battery issues..

p765876353-4.jpg

p792419426-4.jpg

p19932829-4.jpg

p424764001-4.jpg

p285028589-4.jpg

p174466338-4.jpg

p508942132-4.jpg

p533202521-4.jpg

Full Gallery Here:
http://www.jimkarczewski.com/121513steelwheelsprobmxchallenge

Comments

• Options
    Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2013
    Had the first opportunity on Sunday to shoot BMX, indoors, none the less. Glad the organizer was, "flash is awesome.. I wish I could hire some students just to come out and blast flashes at the riders." Just what I like to hear, even if I was having random battery issues..

pics not showing !
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2013
    Grrrr.. Should be fixed now. I was sharing images that were "too large" and protected from public viewing.. D'oh.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited December 19, 2013
    Grrrr.. Should be fixed now. I was sharing images that were "too large" and protected from public viewing.. D'oh.

dgrin automatically scales big images. This allows you to post a larger image for detail yet display something that doesn't require the viewer to scroll.

You have some nice images but the exposure is inconsistent. Were you working near another photographer? Some of your BGs are lit and others are not.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2013
    ian408 wrote: »
    dgrin automatically scales big images. This allows you to post a larger image for detail yet display something that doesn't require the viewer to scroll.

You have some nice images but the exposure is inconsistent. Were you working near another photographer? Some of your BGs are lit and others are not.

Hence battery and or Pocketwizard issues.

I wish that my new flashes had arrived before this shoot, but it was Sunday and they came in Monday.

I have NOT had the best of luck lately with Pocketwizards. Now, with my new Godox V850's NO issues what so ever, but then again, have only used them on 2 shoots so far, Basketball & Wrestling tonight.