Options

New site vs Legacy

mjsmjs Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited December 20, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I am in the process of setting up my site under the new rules. Don't have a lot of time so things move at a slow pace.

I have a page on the Legacy site that I am going to change the appearance, so am trying different things. This morning I logged into the legacy site only to see the old information (text) on that page has disappeared and the image I added ( testing) in the new site was now appearing in the legacy site. Is this normal? and if so why in the world would things that are being tested be put into a live mode?

Thx.
msabatini.com

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2013
    All content in the gallery will be the same on both including the gallery description.

If it is an info type page, not a photo gallery, I'd suggest using a "page" in NewSmug.

Got a link to the legacy gallery? Maybe we can help.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2013
    Actually I'm not sure if Allen is 100% right.
    If you modify the gallery DESCRIPTION, that content will show in both modes.
    If you upload photos into a gallery while in New mode, I think those will not show in legacy.
    If you add content blocks in New mode, such as photo blocks or folder blocks, etc., those will not show in Legacy.

I'm slowly updating my site as well, and for the galleries that have Gallery Description that I need to reformat or change substantively, I'm adding a block - HTML, or text, or whatever, above the Default gallery description block. Essentially producing two versions of the content. When I unveil, I will run around like a chicken with my head cut off, deleting the old Gallery descriptions.

I also understand that Pages do not show in a breadcrumb, so I'm not going to use them, I would rather use galleries.
    Also my galleries might have historic URLS out in the world that I want to still work, so holding on to the current galleries is important to achieve that.