Options

Where did the stats graph go?

FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
edited December 26, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I'm feeling dumb, like I clicked a button and forgot where it was.

When I go into statistics, I get a tabular list of day by day counts.

Where'd the graph go?

Am I just missing a check box or something?

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 21, 2013
    I checked your stats and the chart is showing for me so it may be a browser issue.

Can you test using a different browser like Google Chrome? Also make sure that your Adobe Flash is up to date.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2013
    docwalker wrote: »
    I checked your stats and the chart is showing for me so it may be a browser issue.

Can you test using a different browser like Google Chrome? Also make sure that your Adobe Flash is up to date.

Interesting. I think it's a browser version issue.

I just upgraded to Windows 8.1, which came with IE11. I cleared cache, cookies, etc., and it still doesn't appear.

In Chrome, it works as normal.

I tried Firefox, and it says "Holy HTTP Batman! You need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player" to view the stats (I rarely use Firefox so I probably don't have flash there).

For IE, I went (with IE 11) to the http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html site and it says I have flash and I can see animation.

Is Smugmug perhaps not ready for IE 11?

Anyone else have it that might give it a try?
  • Options
    LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2013
    Ferguson wrote: »
    Anyone else have it that might give it a try?

Missing for me on IE11, present on Chrome, Flash up to date.
  • Options
    edited December 21, 2013
    LPC wrote: »
    Missing for me on IE11, present on Chrome, Flash up to date.

Thanks, LPC. Nice to know I'm not imagining it. The good news is I hadn't even considered IE11 because everything else was working and I kind of forgot it was new.

And why I keep three browsers around. :(
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2013
    Chrome has built-in flash. For all other browsers, you may have to install it manually. Flash is available from here.

On Windows 8, you may also have to make sure to open IE from desktop mode. If you open it from the tile view, Flash might not be available to all sites.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2013
    Chrome has built-in flash. For all other browsers, you may have to install it manually. Flash is available from here.

On Windows 8, you may also have to make sure to open IE from desktop mode. If you open it from the tile view, Flash might not be available to all sites.

As mentioned higher up, Flash was installed and can be demonstrated to work at the Adobe site, but still doesn't work for stats. Nor does stats give the usual message that it can't use flash.

Also this is IE11 on 8.1, not IE10 on 8.0, and... does anyone really use the Metro mode? rolleyes1.gif No, it's in desktop mode that it doesn't work, at least for me.
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2013
    Ferguson wrote: »
    As mentioned higher up, Flash was installed and can be demonstrated to work at the Adobe site, but still doesn't work for stats. Nor does stats give the usual message that it can't use flash.

Also this is IE11 on 8.1, not IE10 on 8.0, and... does anyone really use the Metro mode? rolleyes1.gif No, it's in desktop mode that it doesn't work, at least for me.
    Thanks for the details. The issue seems to be limited to IE11 as I'm not aware of any previous reports of it not working on IE10. I've passed it on to our QA team for further investigation.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    einateinat Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2013
    Thanks for the details. The issue seems to be limited to IE11 as I'm not aware of any previous reports of it not working on IE10. I've passed it on to our QA team for further investigation.

As I've posted here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=243873

I am also seeing this problem, and I have windows 7
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2013
    Thanks for the additional details. Since it works fine in IE9, IE10 and other browsers, it appears to be a change in IE11 that causes the graph to not show anymore. Our QA team has been made aware of the issue. For the time being, I can only recommend that you use a different browser than IE11 to view the graph.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero