I Want To Hide Photo Titles

mgarbowskimgarbowski Beginner grinnerRegistered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
edited December 30, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
I've searched the forums on this, and it seems that I have an opposite problem from many people. There are multiple threads from people trying to show image titles. I want to hide them and the system will not seem to allow me to do so.
The gallery is here: http://www.markgarbowski.com/Main/2013-best-of

I have entered a caption for every image, and I have the "SHOW FILENAMES" option turned OFF. But for 8 of the 13 images in the gallery, it shows the file name in very large type above the acption which is in much smaller type. Even if I had SHOW FILENAMES turned on, it should not show the file names because there is a caption. I have double and triple checked the captions to make sure I did not some how type the filename into the caption field.

How do I make the file names disappear?

Comments

  • mgarbowskimgarbowski Beginner grinner Registered Users Posts: 7 Big grins
    edited December 21, 2013
    mgarbowski wrote: »
    I've searched the forums on this, and it seems that I have an opposite problem from many people. There are multiple threads from people trying to show image titles. I want to hide them and the system will not seem to allow me to do so.
    The gallery is here: http://www.markgarbowski.com/Main/2013-best-of

    I have entered a caption for every image, and I have the "SHOW FILENAMES" option turned OFF. But for 8 of the 13 images in the gallery, it shows the file name in very large type above the acption which is in much smaller type. Even if I had SHOW FILENAMES turned on, it should not show the file names because there is a caption. I have double and triple checked the captions to make sure I did not some how type the filename into the caption field.

    How do I make the file names disappear?

    Never Mind. Figured out that the file name had been migrated into the Title Field somehow, and it was the Titles that were displaying. In part, my confusion was caused by the hidden nature of Title editing. Why is it not part of the Edit Captions and Keywords dialogue? Why is it unavailable from either the Customize or ORganize menus? Instead it is secreted in the single image view menu.
  • thonsuthonsu One with the Universe Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2013
    Thanks for posting this. I, too, think it should be part of the Edit Captions and Keywords function. Right now I'm going through all my images that have titles and removing them one by one. Because of this design oversight, this task is time consuming and tedious.
  • leftquarkleftquark Former SmugMug Product Team Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,773 Many Grins
    edited December 30, 2013
    thonsu wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this. I, too, think it should be part of the Edit Captions and Keywords function. Right now I'm going through all my images that have titles and removing them one by one. Because of this design oversight, this task is time consuming and tedious.

    Rather than removing the title from each one, why not hide it in CSS?

    I just added this CSS tweak to my customization website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations/Gallery/Hide-Photo-Title
    /* Hide the photo title */
    .sm-tile-title {
      display: none;
    }
    
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    Website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • thonsuthonsu One with the Universe Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2013
    leftquark wrote: »
    Rather than removing the title from each one, why not hide it in CSS?

    I just added this CSS tweak to my customization website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations/Gallery/Hide-Photo-Title
    /* Hide the photo title */
    .sm-tile-title {
      display: none;
    }
    

    Probably because I don't know CSS that well and didn't know this was possible.

    Thanks for the fix, this will help with future uploads.
Sign In or Register to comment.