Options

How to manage mouse-overs within a gallery

krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited December 24, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
What I want: I want to have one or more 'two-image' mouse-overs within a gallery.

What I did: if you upload the two images for a mouse-over to the same gallery as the mouse-over code then when you open that gallery you have the mouse-over effect but also have visible the two static images as well. So I placed the two static images in a new gallery and made that gallery private then re-did the code image source to be the private gallery and it works well to that point.

Issues to resolve: Since the images for the mouse-over are not in that gallery I can't add any text (title, caption, etc) nor can I change it's position, size, etc. I guess because it isn't really there, just the code is there which grabs the images from the private gallery -so how to manage my mouse-overs?
http://www.charlesdalyphotography.com/Photography/Someone
I added this: now, when I go to that page the mouse-over flashes on the page at the top then leaves and re-appears at the bottom of the page where I expected it to be...hmm?

Thanks for any input and a very Happy Christmas to all
May we all find great focus in 2014
~Ciao
Charles
Brampton, Canada
www.charlesdalyphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited December 24, 2013
    Keep in mind that if you put the images you are using in a private gallery no one will be able to see them except for you. The images would need to be in an unlisted gallery.

Have you considered placing all of the images in an unlisted gallery and then constructing the image / mouse-over image on a public page or gallery? That would keep the actual images in one location.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2013
    Denise, thanks for your quick response. I mispoke; I meant to say unlisted, not private. And, yes, I am putting the images in the unlisted gallery and only the codes in the destination gallery. My question (too many words, perhaps) is how to manage the gallery wherein lies the codes? How to add a title or any text to each one? In organize when I open the gallery that contains the code the images do not show up but they do in the actual gallery. (ie)How to mange them?
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited December 24, 2013
    My question (too many words, perhaps) is how to manage the gallery wherein lies the codes? How to add a title or any text to each one? In organize when I open the gallery that contains the code the images do not show up but they do in the actual gallery. (ie)How to mange them?
    I would add a description to the gallery where the photos live that reminds you how and where you are referencing the photos. I would also add captions to the photos in that gallery to indicate where they are used.

In the gallery that contains the code you will never see images in organizer. (Yes, I know, you already knew that.) There isn't anything you can do about that - I think the best you can do is leave yourself hints in the gallery with the photos, maybe embed comments in the html in the gallery that is accessing the photos. You also might consider naming the galleries so they sort together, maybe names like "display gallery1" and "display gallery1 source photos".

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2013
    Or maybe, 'Mirage1, etc" :)
    Thanks Denise
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada