Street Portrait

lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited December 31, 2013 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited December 27, 2013
    Good shot. Interesting looking guy and the eye in the background is nicely strange. If it were mine, I'd try to brighten up his eyes a bit.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    Good shot. Interesting looking guy and the eye in the background is nicely strange. If it were mine, I'd try to brighten up his eyes a bit.

Yeah I can do that in PP. I wish I had moved him to the left a tad. Thank you for your comments!
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,885 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2013
    lensmole wrote: »
    Yeah I can do that in PP. I wish I had moved him to the left a tad. Thank you for your comments!

Nice pic. I really like the background, but I agree with you that if he had been a little to the left it would improve the shot. clap.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited December 29, 2013
    OK, so I might be in the minority here but I rather like the centeredness of this one. Sort of like the pupil in the eye. It would still be good if he were shifted, but I'm not convinced that it would be better. ne_nau.gif
    edited December 30, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Nice pic. I really like the background, but I agree with you that if he had been a little to the left it would improve the shot. clap.gif
    OK, so I might be in the minority here but I rather like the centeredness of this one. Sort of like the pupil in the eye. It would still be good if he were shifted, but I'm not convinced that it would be better. ne_nau.gif

Thanks guys! Can't really say whether or not it would balance out the image or make it any better.
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2013

Nice image... that's a face with a lot of character and experience.

I agree with Richard, and centering here doesn't bother me for a couple of reasons - portraits are very often centered and the eye-catching (no pun intended) background lends an asymmetry to the composition.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited December 31, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Nice image... that's a face with a lot of character and experience.

I agree with Richard, and centering here doesn't bother me for a couple of reasons - portraits are very often centered and the eye-catching (no pun intended) background lends an asymmetry to the composition.

Thank you for letting me know that much appreciated. All the best to you in the New Year.