Options

Snowy Owl

Bud1880Bud1880 Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
edited January 5, 2014 in Wildlife
We've had an irruption of snowy owls here in northern Indiana. I was lucky enough to find one not shy about being photographed. Cool bird for sure.

IMG_1048-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2013
    Eye is sharp! How lucky to catch such a gorgeous creature! Too bad the beak didn't pop out. Was this taken in morning or evening golden light? I normally LOVE golden light. I was wondering though if you cooled the temperature, whether snowyiness will pop more and look whiter. Also may playing with contrast can cause the beak to pop out too or local-area adjustment if something is available. Cheers!clap.gif
  • Options
    mstrozewskimstrozewski Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2013
    Nice light! Love it!
  • Options
    Bud1880Bud1880 Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2013
    Morning light, about 20 minutes after sunrise. Good timing but the photographer went brain dead and never attempted any exposure adjustments. Could have been better for sure but it was a 'lifer' for me and excitement of the moment took over. ;-)
  • Options
    SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2014
    Funky bird in such an unusual setting.
  • Options
    queequegqueequeg Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2014
    Much better than the shot I'd've been able to get under similar circumstances -- I'd have probably forgotten to take the photo! We've had a few spotted in my area recently, but I've yet to see one. Great capture!