Options

Site not scalling on a 1 or 17" screen, did I miss something

digitalduckdigitalduck Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited December 31, 2013 in SmugMug Customization
Hi guys, I did a little reasear on this one, and think I know the answer, but im using IE8 at work at Firefox. Both browsers and not scalling the site correctly and I cant even scroll to the bottom of the left sidebar menu.. Am i missing a setting on IE8 or within my site.... or as I think I remembered seeing on the help, that IE8 isnt supportted.

Thank You!

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited December 30, 2013
    Is your site set to stretch?
    What is your URL so someone can take a look?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2013
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited December 31, 2013
    At least part of your problem is due to the menu bar not scrolling - with the large amount of text you have placed at the top of that bar your viewers may not even see the browse option. I'm not aware of an option to scroll the menu bar although it's entirely possible there is one. For now I'd suggest that you use that space as a menu bar, not as a place for long text entries. Or at least put the text below the menu items so your viewer can access pages on your site.

You're right though, your galleries don't fill the screen horizontally. Have you set your site to have a stretchy layout?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2013
    denisegoldberg, thanks for the advice. Its funny, the site shows up in Firefox better (except my logo doesnt appear in the upper left hand corner) When I change it from stretchy to fixed i get a navy blue box over my entire slideshow.. hmm.. :) Im using my imac at home so dont know what doesnt show up correctly until i go to work lol. However, yes, I can move the meny above the text perhaps..