Options

Picasa 3 Uploader Login Issue

lercheberglercheberg Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited January 12, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I have used the smugmug uploader button in Picasa 3 for about 2 years now with no issues. Within the last 2 months (since I last uploaded) when I click the smugmug button I get a login screen that I can't login in through. It does not show my username and when I try to click on the box under the word login, it won't allow me to type anything. I have tried using the tab key to move as a means to navigate on the screen, but it doesn't matter. The only thing I can do is cancel and close the screen. Please help.

i-HmrLV8b-S.png

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2013
    It looks like your Windows still has Internet Explorer 8 or older installed. From what I understand, Picasa on Windows always uses Internet Explorer (IE) and for the login page to work, you would need to have at least IE9 installed.

If you are still on Windows XP, IE9 is not available for you and I don't think there's a way for you to still use the Picasa uploader. I'm sorry. As far as I know, you could only use the export to folder option and then use our browser uploader to upload the exported photos.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2013
    Versions
    I am using Windows 7 with IE 11. So I don't think that is the issue. Any other thoughts?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2014
    I've tested it on my Windows 7 with IE10 and it's working fine. Another Hero tried IE11 and saw the same as you did. So it looks like something may have changed in IE11 that results in the issue.

To avoid the issue, I can currently only recommend that you use the "export to folder" feature in Picasa to export your desired photos to a temporary folder and then use our browser uploader to upload the exported photos.
    The only other alternative I can think of, is to uninstall IE11 and go back to IE10.
    I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 1, 2014
    This is a long shot but have you tried setting compatibility mode for Picasa 3 in IE11?

Updated a bit later...
    Ah, this may not work. It may be related to a problem I've been seeing on blogger but maybe not.

I've recently started getting warning messages on Blogger using IE11 - and blogger and Picasa are both owned by Google. I just found this - http://productforums.google.com/d/msg/blogger/_irFPwcTmEY/7ItV5Cg578oJ - which indicates that a security update to IE11 was applied that is labeled as IE10.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2014
    IE 11 is the issue
    I reverted to IE 10 and the smugmug button now opens the normal login screen. Thanks.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2014
    Hooray for search function.
    I was having this problem too, using IE11 (Version 11.0.9600.16467) with automatic updates on, using Picasa 3. The login screen using the newest version of IE was pretty buggy. It's odd that some of the buttons work to get you to the 'homepage' just like a normal browser, but once there some things work and some things don't.

I am posting now and will edit in a sec to update when the IE11 is uninstalled and the computer reboots.
    edited January 12, 2014
    I am experiencing this same issue. I am using IE 11, but I did add smugmug.com to the compatibility view list. That didn't seem to do anything for me.

Also, when I go to the "Hacks and Apps: Third-party uploaders, downloads, migration tools and utilities" page (http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/84267-hacks-and-apps-third-party-uploaders-downloads-migration-tools-and-utilities)
    and click on the link to "Picasa Uploader" I now get an empty page.

Has anyone found a solution to this login problem other than trying to revert back to IE 10?