Options

Site keeps reverting to smugmug.com address?

ajavaajava Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited December 31, 2013 in SmugMug Support
I made the necessary changes to have a custom domain name instead of my smugmug.com default address. Upon making the change, things seem fine until I click on the page that was originally "andreajava.smugmug.com/browse"....that page does NOT revert to the new custom domain name. And once I click on that page, ALL of the pages then revert to the original SM domain. What is going wrong?

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 31, 2013
    Andrea,

Please contact us on the help desk. I need to take a look at your account and may need to see your DNS settings. I am not finding your site using andreajava.smugmug.com

Its likely that you have forwarded your domain which does not work. It must be set using a CNAME. I can check that.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ajavaajava Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2013
    docwalker wrote: »
    Andrea,

Please contact us on the help desk. I need to take a look at your account and may need to see your DNS settings. I am not finding your site using andreajava.smugmug.com

Its likely that you have forwarded your domain which does not work. It must be set using a CNAME. I can check that.

Thanks for your quick reply! I just sent the email. Also, I did set up a CNAME as directed on the SM Help page. Maybe I didn't do it properly?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited December 31, 2013
    On my site I wasn't able to use short-cut URLs in my menu bar, I had to specify the full URL. I wonder if this is your problem too.

--- Denise