Options

Sort Manually Not Working - Gallery Order in Folder

spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
edited January 5, 2014 in SmugMug Support
What am I missing? I'm trying to order my galleries the way I want them ordered in organize, but after I hit Done, they're all messed up.

It's in this folder, which you can't see because I can't give you the password.

http://riverbed.smugmug.com/Parties/

But here are two screenshots that will give you an idea of what I'm trying to make happen, and what is happening instead.

I would like it to be in chronological order like this:

i-QMnKShP-X2.jpg

But it's all wonky ordered like this:

i-NG5JVrf-X2.jpg

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

thanks!
Trish

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2014
    Hi Trish,

Go to the customize > customize site screen and select the "all folders" from the customize drawer on the side. Now hold your mouse over the galleries content block and click on the wrench button. In the display tab, you'll see that you've set a custom sort setting that overrides what you set up in your organizer. To use the organizer sort, change the sort by setting accordingly.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited January 5, 2014
    Oh, thank you, thank you! This has been driving me mad for ages, and I knew I had it right at some stage, but can't remember when I changed things around. It's not very intuitive. I wish that the organiser gave some indication that while you may nominate a sort order in the organiser, there is actually an override in place for all galleries.

But now that I know, oh thank you!
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • Options
    spider-tspider-t Registered Users Posts: 443 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2014
    Thanks Sebastian, That worked for me. Trish
    Hi Trish,

Go to the customize > customize site screen and select the "all folders" from the customize drawer on the side. Now hold your mouse over the galleries content block and click on the wrench button. In the display tab, you'll see that you've set a custom sort setting that overrides what you set up in your organizer. To use the organizer sort, change the sort by setting accordingly.