Options

full image not visible in slideshow

ThirdDayImagingThirdDayImaging Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited January 2, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi guys,
I'm greatly pleased at the new simplified application to convert homepages to full size slideshows. However I'm only seeing a portion of each image as they cycle through. I don't see any adjustment for this. I thought it might be connected/dictated by the homepage theme settings so I changed the background photo setting to "fill" (and tried a few other settings as well), but that didn't seem to have any effect.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Happy Shooting, Scott
Bodies: Panasonic Lumix GF3 and G5
Lenses: Leica/Lumix Summilux 25mm f1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (dual range), Leica Summicron 90mm f2, Leica Elmar 135mm f4, Lumix 12-42mm f3.5-f5

Comments

• Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2014
    The only option for the background slideshow is to completely fill the page with the image (scale it up until no background colour is visible, even if that results in the image being cropped off on one axis).

For that reason, you should almost certainly avoid putting portrait images into a background slideshow, for example.
  • Options
    ThirdDayImagingThirdDayImaging Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2014
    Lamah wrote: »
    The only option for the background slideshow is to completely fill the page with the image (scale it up until no background colour is visible, even if that results in the image being cropped off on one axis).

For that reason, you should almost certainly avoid putting portrait images into a background slideshow, for example.

Thank you, but I do actually want to completely fill the page with each image, in fact, that part is fine. My issue is that you can only see about 1/3 of each image. Should I scale them all down? Put them in their own folder maybe? That seems a bit tedious with 40 images. Perhaps it's not worth doing at all - I may just return to a single image background.
    Happy Shooting, Scott
    Bodies: Panasonic Lumix GF3 and G5
    Lenses: Leica/Lumix Summilux 25mm f1.4, Leica Summicron 50mm f2 (dual range), Leica Summicron 90mm f2, Leica Elmar 135mm f4, Lumix 12-42mm f3.5-f5