Options

OOYCZ Challenges #2 Instructions - Weather

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited January 14, 2014 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is the Instructions thread for OOYCZ Challenge #2. You have from January 1, 2014 till January 22, 2014 to shoot before I put up the entry thread. Then you will have 3 more days before entries will be closed.

Please note that I have extended the shooting time to 3 weeks. That should give everyone plenty of time to capture just the right image. I have made changes to the OOYCZ Challenge Guide to reflect this change, as well as added a clause that you may critique or comment on final images AFTER the points have been posted, this is for those who did not get a chance to enter. Please read the OOYCZ Guide before you enter.

Rain, Snow, Sun, Dry, whatever your weather is, capture it in the most dramatic way you can! Not just a snapshot of how it looks outside, rather using different wide angle shots, a panorama maybe or HDR. Make it dramatic! Even if you do not want to do panoramas or HDR (High Dynamic Range), you can do a lot in post processing just by bumping saturations and contrasts a little. Explore your post editing on this one!

Here are places to get started for HDR: LINK

Make your photo not only show the weather, but help the viewers feel the weather!

Here are some examples:

Mirror Lake in Chugiak Alaska (panorama and HDR)
reflectionlakepano1-L.jpg

Wasilla Lake (out my back door)(panorama and HDR)
cloudpano2-L.jpg

Winter fight for food(My neighbor's deck)(post editing high contrast, shot in black and white)
JMMed3286-L.jpg

Key Largo, Florida, Sunny and hot! (taken just after sunrise, shot with high saturation at 1/8000)
JMMed0374-L.jpg

Incoming Front (taken from my deck at night)
PANO1-L.jpg

Costa Rica Rain Forest - Pouring Rain from a tin roof
JMMed2259-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PhotoaddictPhotoaddict Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2014
    Alabama in Winter
    Frozen Stream
    11841786184_3bd07df8bc_c.jpg
    DSC_5423 by Danny M. Long, on Flickr

Mountain chill

11830610924_1427ef316e_c.jpg
    DSC_5446 by Danny M. Long, on Flickr

A rare sight in Northeast Alabama

11830992736_35eef70194_c.jpg
    DSC_5374 by Danny M. Long, on Flickr

What 9*F or -12*C looks like in Alabama

11830267923_f41f4fc8ae_c.jpg
    What 9*F or -12*C looks like in Alabama by Danny M. Long, on Flickr
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
    Ansel Adams
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,947 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2014
    I missed the start of this one and doubt if I could participate anyway, as I have been sick. If I remember correctly, that would mean that if I don't have an entry that I won't be able to vote either. :(
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2014
    Photoaddict, please repost your photos in their own thread. We are in the first stages of the challenge and in order for people to comment on your photos, you must start your own thread first. To do so, go to the main board of the challenges and click on the "New Thread" button located just above all the titles threads on the left of the screen. Be sure to title your thread as Weather. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2014
    grandmaR, so sorry you have been under the weather so to speak. ;) I do hope you are feeling much better and continue to improve. There is still plenty of time for you to go out and catch some weather pics, just be sure to bundle up if your in the cold weather zone! Take care!