Options

Organize functionality has changed

kimbomackimbomac Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited January 3, 2014 in Bug Reporting
It used to be that whenever I clicked the Organize function, I would end up in the organiser on the page that related to whichever page I was on when I clicked it.
Since Christmas, or shortly thereafter, when I click Organize, everything slows down to a crawl, and I end up in the Organizer in the route directory, so to speak, and have to then re-navigate to the correct page. And sometimes it tells me it has had an error processing the page.

This is very irritating and inefficient. Please can we have this fixed again...?
Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 2, 2014
    I just checked and my site is still behaving as expected. I'm in a gallery, click Organize, and I am placed in the same gallery in Organizer.

Are you seeing the same behavior in different browsers?
    Is the behavior consistent starting from different galleries or folders or pages on your site?

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2014
    It seems to be working OK on IE, but not on Chrome. I have been using Chrome for ages, and it always worked fine before. This problem only started up in the past week or so.

I just restarted my computer, but will also clear cookies for the Smuggie site and see whether that helps.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2014
    Ah, wait, when I do a screen refresh (after it is initially blank), it comes up with this:
    {
    "stat": "fail",
    "method": "rpc.organizer.getnodesbypath",
    "code": 1,
    "message": "invalid login"
    }

So, I gather my login has timed out. But it doesn't appear that way when browsing my site as I have all the site owner controls at the top of the page, and there is no Login option in my footer, which there usually is when I am not logged in. It seems that parts of the site are realising I am not logged in, but not other parts...

Once I log off, then log on again, it seems to be working OK.
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)
  • Options
    mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2014
    Sorry about that...yes, everything is working as should...hopefully restarting your session did the trick!
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2014
    It did fix the problem for now, but it is a little annoying that the site asks whether you want it to remember you, to which my answer is always yes, and yet, occasionally it just decides that even though you APPEAR to be logged on and are presented with all the options that suggest that you ARE logged on, as soon as you try to do something, you find you are NOT logged on, and are not even able to do so from wherever you are.

It's not very friendly and makes a mockery of the 'Remember me' checkbox. For me, anyway.

I had noticed this happening before, but it didn't manifest itself in the same way as it does with the Organizer, which just goes unresponsive, until you do a screen refresh, at which time the message makes itself apparent.

Is there any plan to make this all a bit more seamless and easier to manage?
    Kimbomac

(FeaturePhotography.net)