Options

problems with header alignment

juledurjuledur Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 287 Major grins
edited January 4, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I'm almost ready to unveil my new SmugMug site, however, I viewed it on another device (kindle fire), and discovered that the header fonts had changed, and the alignment was all off (two lines instead of one, and the nav bar info was all squished together).

Part of the problem, I think, is that I'm using an ultra wide monitor. Is there a certain size or percentage of width I should use for each element to keep this from happening?

I'm considering making the title into a logo in Photoshop so that the font will stay the same as a workaround. If I don't have to do that, it will certainly save me some time.

Thanks!

www.fireflowerphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 3, 2014
    I'm not sure that you can use this tool until after you have unveiled... this is helpful in seeing how your site looks on different devices - http://quirktools.com/screenfly/.

I don't notice a change in font on my site when I switch from a large screen to a 10" screen to a 7" screen. The orientation changes and the font size changes but the font family does not.

Without seeing your new site it's hard to tell you what to change. You will see multiple lines for your menu before it gets so small it collapses to the clickable word "menu". And if your site name is multiple words that will also collapse to multiple lines depending on the device.

--- Denise
  • Options
    juledurjuledur Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 287 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2014
    I'm not sure that you can use this tool until after you have unveiled... this is helpful in seeing how your site looks on different devices - http://quirktools.com/screenfly/.

I don't notice a change in font on my site when I switch from a large screen to a 10" screen to a 7" screen. The orientation changes and the font size changes but the font family does not.

Without seeing your new site it's hard to tell you what to change. You will see multiple lines for your menu before it gets so small it collapses to the clickable word "menu". And if your site name is multiple words that will also collapse to multiple lines depending on the device.

--- Denise
    That link actually works. It shows my modified site even though it hasn't been published yet. It's disheartening, though, because what I thought would be a visually impressive home page is definitely not when viewed in other formats. I guess I need to do a little more tweaking before unveiling.

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    GolfnutGolfnut Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2014
    Quirktools

--- Denise

Sometimes I see some software and am just in awe of whoever developed it. Quirktools is one of those programs! clap.gif
    Thanks,
    Charles