Untitled

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited January 8, 2014 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• mayflymayfly Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2014
    Nice one Cristóbal. What appeals to me is your use of dof to shift between an in focus area to an out of focus area on the tire. And the cool color stripes too!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited January 6, 2014
    I like the color and use of DOF as well. It has the makings of a good abstract shot, but is too easily recognized as is. I don't know whether you have enough pixels for this, but I'd experiment with some sort of portrait aspect crop in the upper right quadrant, eliminating the spokes altogether. Just the bold stripes on a blurred background. Just a thought. thumb.gif
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2014
    Hey, fun one Cristóbal... I'm a sucker for anything bike related.
    Did you get new pink wheels for your MTB? rolleyes1.gifrofl

I like Richard's idea a lot and recommend giving it a try.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2014
    Thanks for the comments. How do you like my new wheels Eric?? rolleyes1.gif

I tried a portrait crop but didn't like it, in the end I settled for a tighter square crop. Thoughts?

cz_2013_0021-4-XL.jpg
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2014
    Yo Cristóbal,

I'm going with the cropped version. It's more pleasing to the eye. Some of the tension is gone.

Then, too, the colors here bring back remembrances of the same colors I used to wear in high school. I had a pair of black pants that had a vertical pink stripe running the length of the leg. Now don't laugh....when I showed up at the Saturday night hop wearing those things, it was lights out.

Take care my man,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • 1magineer1magineer Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited January 7, 2014
    I like the latest square crop best, and it works alone, and would work within a series just as well. :-)
    –Mark

"Conventional thinking is the ruin of our souls..." ~Rumi
    Thanks Tom and Mark, I like the second crop, but I'm kind of fond of the original too... ne_nau.gif i guess I just love bikes.
    edited January 7, 2014
    Hey C. - another suggestion - shoot again (if possible), with the abstract comp in mind, and de-focus the subject - you know how fond you are of blur.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited January 7, 2014
    Yo Cristóbal,

I'm going with the cropped version. It's more pleasing to the eye. Some of the tension is gone.

Then, too, the colors here bring back remembrances of the same colors I used to wear in high school. I had a pair of black pants that had a vertical pink stripe running the length of the leg. Now don't laugh....when I showed up at the Saturday night hop wearing those things, it was lights out.

Take care my man,

Tom

I meant to say something and forgot, or maybe I was speechless. Black pants with a pink stripe? Wow, I'm sure a lot of heads turned... I'm sorry, but I did laugh! :D
    edited January 7, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    Hey C. - another suggestion - shoot again (if possible), with the abstract comp in mind, and de-focus the subject - you know how fond you are of blur.

This kind of bike is in around here, it won't be hard to find another one, Maybe not pink though... I like the idea, thanks.
    edited January 8, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    I meant to say something and forgot, or maybe I was speechless. Black pants with a pink stripe? Wow, I'm sure a lot of heads turned... I'm sorry, but I did laugh! :D

Well, Cristóbal, I can hardly blame you for laughing. You have to appreciate, though, the context of the times. This was when Elvis was starting to crank it up. Colorful garb was the order of the day. The black and pink combo was BIG, BIG. Hell, Ford even offered one of their top model of cars all painted up in black and pink. One of our neighbors had one.

The colors in your photo really hit home. Almost always, when I wore those pants I also wore a white shirt. When on the dance floor, I was never sure if it was the moves I was making or the clothes I was wearing but the girls went crazy.wings.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited January 8, 2014
    Well, Cristóbal, I can hardly blame you for laughing. You have to appreciate, though, the context of the times. This was when Elvis was starting to crank it up. Colorful garb was the order of the day. The black and pink combo was BIG, BIG. Hell, Ford even offered one of their top model of cars all painted up in black and pink. One of our neighbors had one.

The colors in your photo really hit home. Almost always, when I wore those pants I also wore a white shirt. When on the dance floor, I was never sure if it was the moves I was making or the clothes I was wearing but the girls went crazy.wings.gif

Tom

If it works, it works...

I googled and found this
    edited January 8, 2014
    I was never sure if it was the moves I was making or the clothes I was wearing but the girls went crazy.wings.gif

Tom
    Uh huh... sure... let's see pictures, or it never happened. deal.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited January 8, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    Uh huh... sure... let's see pictures, or it never happened. deal.gif

Surely you jest....we didn't know what a camera was. Besides, I wouldn't divulge my secret moves for less than a keg of beer. :slosh I know my rights.

Under fire and on the run,

Tom