100 year old country church, suggestions?

livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
edited December 22, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
first, apologies to ginger for hijacking her thread.

this is a small church, built in 1893, just down the road from us. i could use some suggestions as to which one is the best to work on for the current challenge. they haven't been adjusted at all yet. any suggestions will be appreciated, plus i know there is a recent thread with snow pix with a lot of information i will check out.

48831957-M.jpg

48832700-M.jpg

48833455-M.jpg

48807656-M.jpg
laurie in rural minnesota

my stuff

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    Laurie, I am not a connoiseur of perfect snow, and I like the first one best. I mean I LIKE the first one. It is peaceful to me.

I think I am finished with mine, the woman in church in black and white. I shot it at 3200 ISO, so it is grainy, and I think that is fine with the black and white. She may/may not look peaceful, but she does look something....................I like emotions. I hope she is finding some peace there.

So, now I have to take a photo of my dogs for an e-mail Christmas card, that is my next project. I have a bar I am thinking of taking them to.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    It is a hard call for me. ne_nau.gif I like the light on the snow in the first and fourth versions (and the glow of the sunlight in the trees in the fourth) and the composition of the second with the bench and more of the tree showing. I personally would prefer the photos to have less of a bluish cast. I know that that is what happens when you photograph snow, but it can be corrected. You might want to try just to see how it looks. In any event, the photographs all have a nice, peaceful feel. thumb.gif

Good luck in the challenge!

Virginia

Email
  • Bandit959Bandit959 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    Like Flyinggina, I too like the first and fourth ones. But let me throw a different idea out there.....

I sthere any way that you could shoot the shot with the light coming from the top of the spire? Have the church to be more of a shadow?

I don't know if it would work, but t might be worth a try .....
  • livinginozlivinginoz Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    different scene but close to the church
    i took this one the same day as the church. i like it but i think the church is more the peaceful image?

48961213-L.jpg

my stuff
    edited December 19, 2005
    variations on the church
    made some changes. opinions, please:)

48967496-L.jpg

my stuff
    edited December 20, 2005
    another version of the farm house and barn
    i tried a frame........

49086598-L.jpg

my stuff
  • Sandy FeetSandy Feet Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2005
    I like the second shot best; having the large tree in the shot as well as the entire steeple seems to please my eye. Too bad there isn't any heavenly light streaming through on that one. Maybe you can PS one in or use the rays from the other shot superimposed somehow and contrast it up a bit
    The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.
    :thumb

http://imagesinsurfphotography.smugmug.com/