Options

Can't Drop the Content (Text) Box In

GanginwoodGanginwood Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited January 8, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I know this is probably something simple and something I'm sure I've asked before but here it goes.

I made a new page and I want to add images and text to the center content area.

The page was created under my root directory, not in a folder.

I go to "organize" and click on the page I want to edit.
It says "
Not feeling where this page currently lives? Drop it into any folder you'd like. To customize this page, visit it on your site!"

So I click on visit my site. Go to customize/customize site and select just this page. There is a blank box in the middle that says "Center". Why can't I drop my content boxes in there?

Comments

• Options
    GanginwoodGanginwood Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited January 8, 2014
    It lets me do it in Chrome, not IE
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,242 moderator
    edited January 8, 2014
    Ganginwood wrote: »
    It lets me do it in Chrome, not IE
    I reported this back in August - I can drag&drop in IE but not in Chrome or Firefox, reported in the thread drag & drop not working in some environments (new smug). I suspect it is something in my environment but I have no idea what that is. Very frustrating...

--- Denise
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2014
    I have not had this happen to me in Chrome or FF. The problem for me has always been that I'm not finding the drop-able spots. So one rule is, you can't drop a content block into the locked SM gallery or photo area. Avoid those. Then the drop area can start off as a very narrow horizontal or vertical light green bar. Those may be on the far right or left edge of the browser window. You think you have a big center area, and you do, but accessing it starts off on the outer edges. Move the mouse (holding the block to drop) all about, far right, far left. If you try to move it far right, for example, wait until the browser right side edge is visible. Once you add just one block, the accessible areas change, again being above, below, and to the right and left of that block.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2014
    I find that if I hover the breadcrumb then slowly come down the horizontal green box shows.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog