Options

Align images and text side by side

dclphotodclphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited January 9, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
How can I align images and text side by side? I want to insert text for each of my gallery links in the nav bar along side my logo (which is currently centered). I have an image attached to show an idea of what I am trying to accomplish.

newnavbar.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2014
    You might get more than one solution to this. I see:
    - logo image on the left
    - Menu links (each one a separate menu content block) which are placed side by side.
    - Text blocks under each menu block.
    You would then need to manually adjust the top margin of each text block to move it up and into place.

Or, you could create a jpg image for the combination of each menu and description, and upload them as HTML with clickable links.

If you have a lot of menu links these might be tedious.
  • Options
    edited January 8, 2014
    I like the idea of making each menu and the text below it one image (in photoshop before importing). Then, make each image clickable to a gallery. I think that might be the easiest way....maybe? How would I position these images side by side? I can only see a way to insert images on top of one another....
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2014
    dclphoto wrote: »
    I like the idea of making each menu and the text below it one image (in photoshop before importing). Then, make each image clickable to a gallery. I think that might be the easiest way....maybe? How would I position these images side by side? I can only see a way to insert images on top of one another....

You mean adding HTML content blocks? Blocks can be added above, below, and left and right of other content blocks. Sometimes the left and right are hard to find, they can start off as vertical thin light green bars all the way on the border of the browser window. You may have to move your mouse slowly until the window scrolls or scoots to the border, before you see the drop area.

Once you drop one, the borders will be above, below, left and right of that block. Don't worry about spacing until you have all four side by side. They will resize themselves to fit. Then you tweak the triangle ruler icon on each block to set the container width, and the margins, to further position them.
  • Options
    edited January 9, 2014
    Aaaah....I see it now. Thank you!