Options

turn off all print purchase options

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited January 14, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Is it possible to disable all the print purchase options on my entire site, without having to open each gallery to do it.

I have a Power account and did not think that account had the print purchase option for people viewing my photos.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 10, 2014
    Power accounts allow purchase at Smug's cost if the shopping cart is turned on.

I don't know of any way to change the setting for all galleries at once but you can use bulk gallery settings to change all of the galleries within a folder.

Go into the organizer.
    Click a folder to show the galleries within the folder.
    Select all
    Click Settings to open bulk gallery settings.
    Click the Shopping tab
    Click the check box in front of Shopping Cart, select Off, Click Save

Repeat for each folder that contains galleries.

It sounds tedious but it shouldn't take that long. I changed the watermark in all of my galleries with this method and I was able to finish pretty quickly.

Help page for bulk settings is at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/1240194-new-bulk-gallery-settings.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2014
    zoomer wrote: »
    I have a Power account and did not think that account had the print purchase option for people viewing my photos.

You've been here since 2005! Surely you must have known this. Just turn off print purchasing in each gallery. Use the bulk tool.
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2014
    Hi Zoomer,

The advice from Denise and Andy is good, but it won't disable all print purchase options on your entire site, as per your original post - you'll still be left with "Owner Buy" buttons and icons which you'll see when logged in. If you don't want them either, you can scrub them with the following CSS:
    .sm-button.sm-button-size-small.sm-button-skin-accent.sm-gallery-buy-icon, 
    .sm-gallery-buymenu, 
    .sm-gallery-columnorganic .sm-button-image-buy, 
    .sm-gallery-roworganic .sm-button-image-buy, 
    .sm-gallery-thumbnail .sm-button-image-buy {
        display: none
    }

Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 11, 2014
    beardedgit wrote: »
    The advice from Denise and Andy is good, but it won't disable all print purchase options on your entire site, as per your original post - you'll still be left with "Owner Buy" buttons and icons which you'll see when logged in. If you don't want them either, you can scrub them with the following CSS:
    Funny, sometimes I purchase my own photos - hiding the owner buy would get in my way.

--- Denise
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2014
    Funny, sometimes I purchase my own photos - hiding the owner buy would get in my way.
    Your photos are worth buying, Denise thumb.gif
    As for mine, well, even I wouldn't buy my pics :D
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2014
    Andy wrote: »
    You've been here since 2005! Surely you must have known this. Just turn off print purchasing in each gallery. Use the bulk tool.

If I knew this why would I ask....don't assume everyone has the same knowledge you do...and your condescending tone is not appreciated.

...and since you mentioned I often question my sanity that I am still here.....
  • Options
    edited January 14, 2014