Options

contact email

HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
edited January 22, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I'm working on the new SM site and have a question about the contact form email. I have my profile email set but the contact form created through the contact link on my new site shows the email address associated with my SM account, which is different than the one in my profile. I would like it to show my profile email as that one is more associated with my website: my account email is mick_burkey@hotmail.com , and the one I use for photography and the one in my "profile" is mick@burkeyphoto.com.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 10, 2014
    The email address that shows in the contact form is the email address of the person who is contacting you. Your email address is not shown.

Before you can use the contact form you must fill out and verify the Contact Email in your profile.

--- Denise
  • Options
    HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2014
    Yea, I just realized the same thing. What a dope I am sometimes. Thanks, Denise.
  • Options
    mylifeinfocusmylifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2014
    I'm trying to create a new Contact form (I'm in Preview mode) based on this link and this one. First of all, I don't see the About Me area as shown in the 2nd link (or is this only for new SM accounts?). I can get to the email address associated with my account in my account settings, but i'd like to use a different Gmail address.

To clarify, I signed up for SM last year using a Yahoo email. This is the one I use to log in to my account to make changes, updates, etc. However, I'd like my new contact form to go to my Gmail address. I'm wondering if I enter my Gmail as a "new address" in my account settings, does that mean that will be the one I'll then use to log in?

If this doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to explain.

Thanks!

Alice
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2014
    I'm trying to create a new Contact form (I'm in Preview mode) based on this link and this one. First of all, I don't see the About Me area as shown in the 2nd link (or is this only for new SM accounts?). I can get to the email address associated with my account in my account settings, but i'd like to use a different Gmail address.
    It's a different email address than the one associated with your account - and it's in your profile, not in account settings.

Click Profile.
    On the About me tab there is a field for Contact Email. Fill that in, then reply to the confirmation email. Once you've done that you will be able to set up a contact form.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2014
    Also, how do I make my About Me and Links (Pages) not be visible from the Browse button? Do I need to move those pages under the SM Site Files folder? (I'd like visitors to only see Galleries and Folders when they click Browse).
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2014
    Also, how do I make my About Me and Links (Pages) not be visible from the Browse button? Do I need to move those pages under the SM Site Files folder? (I'd like visitors to only see Galleries and Folders when they click Browse).
    You will need to make those pages unlisted if you don't want them showing on the browse page. Keep in mind if they are unlisted you will need to change the links in your menu.

Or you could build your own page instead of linking to the built-in browse page.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2014
    It's a different email address than the one associated with your account - and it's in your profile, not in account settings.

Click Profile.
    On the About me tab there is a field for Contact Email. Fill that in, then reply to the confirmation email. Once you've done that you will be able to set up a contact form.

--- Denise

If you're referring to Profile on the Legacy account settings, when I do that, I only see a bio photo, bio description, My Information (display name) and Follow Me (FB, Twitter, Blog follow links). I don't see anywhere for the email address.

If I go to the Me > Account area, I see my current (Yahoo) email, then an area to enter a New email address, but I assume that changes it for my account. I just want a different contact email.
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2014
    If you're referring to Profile on the Legacy account settings, when I do that, I only see a bio photo, bio description, My Information (display name) and Follow Me (FB, Twitter, Blog follow links). I don't see anywhere for the email address.

If I go to the Me > Account area, I see my current (Yahoo) email, then an area to enter a New email address, but I assume that changes it for my account. I just want a different contact email.
    I'm referring to profile on new smug. It's not in the account settings - you enter it by clicking the thumb representing you then clicking profile. See the screen shot in my previous post.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2014
    Doh! I totally overlooked the Profile button. Sorry. Thank you Denise. I've entered the Gmail address and verified. Now I'm working on how to add the contact form. And thanks for the info about the Unlisted pages. I forgot about that from the legacy site. I've been at this all afternoon (tweaking things to get them ready), so I think i'm needing a break for a bit. You'll probably see me again if I can't figure out the contact form, but I'll try not to pester you.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited January 21, 2014
    For the contact for you just need to use the Contact link in the menu content block. That will link right to the form.
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2014
    Smug Eric wrote: »
    For the contact for you just need to use the Contact link in the menu content block. That will link right to the form.

Thank you, Eric. I was able to find it last night after a little bit of poking around. I appreciate your help. Great job, BTW on the new Smugmug. I really like the new interface. Much easier and quicker to make changes, tweaks, etc. without always having to dig around in the code. You guys did a great job!