Having fun with Colleen - [ 10 pics ]

ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
edited December 20, 2005 in People
bah.
- Scott
http://framebyframe.ca
[Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
[Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
[Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
[Tripod]
Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
[Head] 484RC2, 200RC2

Comments

• ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    (removed)
    - Scott
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2005
    Looks like a fun and playful set. I particularly like this one:

http://framebyframe.ca/gallery/20051217_colleen/images/crw_0045_01.jpg

They need some color correction, though! Drop the red in your curves.
    edited December 19, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    Looks like a fun and playful set. I particularly like this one:
    They need some color correction, though! Drop the red in your curves.
    Thanks for the look! Neither of my monitors are calibrated :-( , and I did the RAW conversion in about... 10 minutes by eye. The CT is set at 3400 right now, but I think my lights are 3200k. I suspect that's what's causing the red curve. Thanks for confirming it though! I need to get an LCD calibrator cheap...
    - Scott
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    Thanks for the look! Neither of my monitors are calibrated :-( , and I did the RAW conversion in about... 10 minutes by eye. The CT is set at 3400 right now, but I think my lights are 3200k. I suspect that's what's causing the red curve. Thanks for confirming it though! I need to get an LCD calibrator cheap...

Scott,

Have a look here in SmugMug Help

Calibration

Good Skin Tones

Too Red

Also, these sorts of pics, IMO, the model should be either sharp, or soft, but you've managed to land in-between, and so they are confusing to the eye. Finally - here at Dgrin - it would be appreciated if you post the first one, and then leave a link to the remaining shots. I did it for you. Thanks!
    edited December 19, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Scott,

Have a look here in SmugMug Help

Calibration

Good Skin Tones

Too Red

Also, these sorts of pics, IMO, the model should be either sharp, or soft, but you've managed to land in-between, and so they are confusing to the eye. Finally - here at Dgrin - it would be appreciated if you post the first one, and then leave a link to the remaining shots. I did it for you. Thanks!

Thanks for the tips andy. I was working in cramped space with my 28-75, so I guess that means I have to whip out the ol' photoshop and cheat the shots either way.
    - Scott
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
    edited December 19, 2005
    Photos re-uploaded... though apparently the crowd here is a little too conservative for these types of photos. I'll post them elsewhere from now on.
    - Scott
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
    edited December 19, 2005
    Photos re-uploaded... though apparently the crowd here is a little too conservative for these types of photos. I'll post them elsewhere from now on.

Hi Scott - I'm not sure what you're basing that on? ear.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 19, 2005
    No, nooooooooo....

I think what Andy was saying is that posting too many images in-line makes your thread slower to open. By posting one, and the rest as links, folks can open your thread more quickly and follow the links to the rest of them if they choose. Keep posting 'em!
    edited December 19, 2005
    kdog wrote:
    No, nooooooooo....

I think what Andy was saying is that posting too many images in-line makes your thread slower to open.

Actually, that's not it at all. Many images in one post are fine. We do have a general rule here at Dgrin, that it's a G rated site, maybe PG sometimes - and several of the photos are suggestive and so links are better than inline - that's all. People can still easily see them they just have to click.

thumb.gif
    edited December 19, 2005
    I think there should be two subsections. "Kids & Babies", and "Everything Else." That way, if we don't want to look at your family album (because honestly, your memories are what make the pictures special), we don't have to. And the Everything Else forum should have a built in disclaimer, so European-style content (oh no, not suggestive!) can be viewed without any problems.
    edited December 19, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    I think there should be two subsections. "Kids & Babies", and "Everything Else." That way, if we don't want to look at your family album (because honestly, your memories are what make the pictures special), we don't have to. And the Everything Else forum should have a built in disclaimer, so European-style content (oh no, not suggestive!) can be viewed without any problems.

Hi Owen, thanks for posting!

You have that ability now - choose to look at or not look at whatever posts you like. We're a family oriented site and our we've been clear about that since day one. There's no problem with these shots posted as links or a link to a gallery.

thumb.gif
  • BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2005
    Owen wrote:

I find it rather course and short sighted to imply that the only thing that makes a picture of a child or family member special is the photographer's memories. I think average and uninteresting photos of model tarts, in canned poses are a bore. True, snapshots are only special to the photographer because of his relationship to the subject. But a well executed, planned photograph of any person in which the photographer conveys something deeper about the subject through good technique deserves its due in this forum. I also believe that a good photographer can portray lusty seduction, and dripping sexuality in a fully clothed model (thinking of Yuri here) and that "oh, no suggestive" photos are merely a cheap way for those unskilled in posing and direction to add WOW to their work.
    edited December 19, 2005
    Blurmore wrote:
    ...I also believe that a good photographer can portray lusty seduction, and dripping sexuality in a fully clothed model (thinking of Yuri here) and that "oh, no suggestive" photos are merely a cheap way for those unskilled in posing and direction to add WOW to their work.

Ouch. Easy now.
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Scott - I'm not sure what you're basing that on? ear.gif

I got a few PM's. (not naming any names, because I respect people's opinions, though I may not agree with them.)
    - Scott
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
    edited December 19, 2005
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Owen, thanks for posting!

You have that ability now - choose to look at or not look at whatever posts you like. We're a family oriented site and our we've been clear about that since day one. There's no problem with these shots posted as links or a link to a gallery.

thumb.gif
    Hi Andy,

I understand what you're saying. Thanks. :) I just get irritated with the continuous baby shots.

Owen
    edited December 19, 2005
    Blurmore wrote:
    I find it rather course and short sighted to imply that the only thing that makes a picture of a child or family member special is the photographer's memories. [...] I also believe that a good photographer can portray lusty seduction, and dripping sexuality in a fully clothed model (thinking of Yuri here) and that "oh, no suggestive" photos are merely a cheap way for those unskilled in posing and direction to add WOW to their work.

Hi Blurmore.

It was coarse and short. rolleyes1.gif That was the point. Don't you find it irritating sometimes, too?

Owen
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 19, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    ...so European-style content (oh no, not suggestive!) can be viewed without any problems.
    NYC, Paris, Milan... Penticton, BC?

yet you are an expert on "european-style?"

rolleyes1.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited December 19, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    NYC, Paris, Milan... Penticton, BC?

yet you are an expert on "european-style?"

rolleyes1.gif

Sorry, I thought it was widely known that Europeans are much less conservative than Americans (or Canadians, for that matter). Once you look into fashion a bit, advertising, etc, you understand that a bit of leg, exposed breasts and beautiful bodies (to name a few parts) are no more offensive than anything else. Partial nudity is common in European newspapers and advertisements...
    edited December 19, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    Sorry, I thought it was known that Europeans are much less conservative than Americans or Canadians.
    Sure, that doesn't mean they are less tasteful, however.
    Erik

edited December 19, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Sure, that doesn't mean they are less tasteful, however.
    Sorry, I missed the whole point of what you're saying? But don't worry about it... it's cool. I'm done here.
    edited December 19, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    Sorry, I missed the whole point of what you're saying?
    In that case, nevermind.
    Erik

edited December 20, 2005
    Owen wrote:
    Sorry, I missed the whole point of what you're saying? But don't worry about it... it's cool. I'm done here.

I suspect he's suggesting that he agrees?

Either way, i'm with you. I'm half-european, and grew up around people who didn't give 2 cents if there was a naked body around.

Sucks that the rest of society's not comfortable enough with themselves for us folk eh?
    - Scott
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2005
    I suspect he's suggesting that he agrees?

Either way, i'm with you. I'm half-european, and grew up around people who didn't give 2 cents if there was a naked body around.

Sucks that the rest of society's not comfortable enough with themselves for us folk eh?
    Hi Scott.. I AM european.. British to be exact.. I grew up with naked breasts of the front page of newspapers. I, and I think I can speak for other mods (I hope so) have absolutely no objection to naked bodies, fashion shots, nudes (of all kinds) and erotica. When this website was created it was created as a G rated site.. there are not many about. Being G.. it limits some content thats all. The shots you posted were almost G rating but we felt that posting them as links was the right thing to do. It's not the first time slightly sensitive shots have been posted obviously and we like to err on the side of caution. Many of our contributers are children and young people so our concerns about content on this site are very real. So far we have had very little problem and everyone who participates in the site has been very co-oporative.

You may post similar shots as links of course but any thing more suggestive in sexual content will be asked to be removed.

As it's Christmas and we are all in a Happy Good and charitable frame of mind I am now closing this thread and putting it to bed so to speak as no more deliberating over this issue is necessary.
    We appreciate all your comments and opinions and take them very seriously.
    Thanks.. Merry Christmas.
    Lynn
This discussion has been closed.