Options

Link to Contact Form

ashishpandeyashishpandey Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited January 20, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi,

Is it possible to add a link to the contact form in an html content block that behaves the same as the link in the menu (clicking it should pop out the contact form as an overlay on the page)

I want to add a link in some text that I am putting on my profile page. Having an inline link would be much better than referring people to go and click something in the menu

Anyone done this?

Thanks in advance
Ashish
http://photography.ashishpandey.com
smugmug ID: ashishpandey (but I prefer my domain URL above :D)

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 11, 2014
    Is it possible to add a link to the contact form in an html content block that behaves the same as the link in the menu (clicking it should pop out the contact form as an overlay on the page)

I want to add a link in some text that I am putting on my profile page. Having an inline link would be much better than referring people to go and click something in the menu
    I don't believe this is possible as an inline link. You could include a menu block on your page that references the smug contact form. See discussion and solution in the thread Link to contact form. Solution is in this post.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2014
    I don't believe this is possible as an inline link. You could include a menu block on your page that references the smug contact form. See discussion and solution in the thread Link to contact form. Solution is in this post.

Thanks Denise. I'll give it a try. One of the linked threads says that it works only when logged out. I haven't yet unveiled my new smugmug, so I don't think I can see a logged out view yet rolleyes1.gif
    Ashish
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 12, 2014
    Thanks Denise. I'll give it a try. One of the linked threads says that it works only when logged out. I haven't yet unveiled my new smugmug, so I don't think I can see a logged out view yet
    If I click my contact link when I am logged in the contact form does appear. I entered a message on the form, clicked send, and it was received at the email address set up in my profile.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2014
    If I click my contact link when I am logged in the contact form does appear. I entered a message on the form, clicked send, and it was received at the email address set up in my profile.

What I meant was that it does not popup when clicking the inlined link as per the hack mentioned in the other thread. I am assuming it's due to the "p.s." in this post

I tried it, and it doesn't work. Not sure if thats because I am logged in (no way to check without unveiling the site - we have to unveil with blind faith things work for visitors), or because it cannot co-exist with the contact menu item
    Ashish