Options

Delay in showing images...

GolfnutGolfnut Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited January 13, 2014 in SmugMug Support
When anyone goes to www.arrowphotos.com the text on my page comes up first and after a bit of a delay, the images appear.

Is there a way to speed up the display of the images?

Thanks,
Charles

Comments

• Options
    FlounderFlounder Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2014
    Hey Charles,

My site, along with many others seem to be loading fine. Your site (photos) do take a split second longer to load. It looks like you have CSS entered to round the corners of your images. So each time the page loads, the site has to load up the customized images. That would make it take a little longer to load the photos.

If you have any questions or problems, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Nick Wilson
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 11, 2014
    Golfnut wrote: »
    When anyone goes to www.arrowphotos.com
    Are you aware that when a viewer is viewing a gallery on your site that your menu bar is only half showing? I've seen this behavior on Chrome, Firefox, and IE11, running Windows 8.1. And yes, the window is scrolled to the top.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2014
    Are you aware that when a viewer is viewing a gallery on your site that your menu bar is only half showing? I've seen this behavior on Chrome, Firefox, and IE11, running Windows 8.1. And yes, the window is scrolled to the top.

--- Denise

I see. My bad, I had the top margin set to -8 instead of 8. It should look better now.
    Thanks!
    Charles
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 11, 2014
    I see. My bad, I had the top margin set to -8 instead of 8. It should look better now.
    Much better!

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2014
    Flounder wrote: »
    Hey Charles,
    My site, along with many others seem to be loading fine. Your site (photos) do take a split second longer to load. It looks like you have CSS entered to round the corners of your images. So each time the page loads, the site has to load up the customized images. That would make it take a little longer to load the photos.

Nick,
    The only place where I could find CSS that rounded corners was on All Folders and for the SmugMug Gallery Thumbnails. I removed it for All Folders and the contents of the folders don't have the rounded corners. However, on the Homepage CSS there isn't anything about rounded corners and on the Homepage, the corners are still round.

Where could the Homepage be inheriting the rounded corners for the content of the Galleries?

Thanks,
    Charles
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2014
    Nick,
    The only place where I could find CSS that rounded corners was on All Folders and for the SmugMug Gallery Thumbnails. I removed it for All Folders and the contents of the folders don't have the rounded corners. However, on the Homepage CSS there isn't anything about rounded corners and on the Homepage, the corners are still round.

Where could the Homepage be inheriting the rounded corners for the content of the Galleries?
    Charles,
    It's part of the theme you use on your homepage. Themes can also contain custom CSS - check the bottom of the advanced tab when editing a theme.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 13, 2014
    Charles,
    It's part of the theme you use on your homepage. Themes can also contain custom CSS - check the bottom of the advanced tab when editing a theme.

Sebastian,
    I applaud your knowledge on this. I would have never remembered putting the CSS there.

Unfortunately, even though I removed the CSS, it has no effect on the delay. I removed all history on my browser, logged out of SmugMug and typed in the url for my homepage. The text comes up first and after a slight delay, the images.

I have put "ARROW PHOTOS" at the top of the text just so the viewer can see that the right website was found.

So, I guess we are back at the beginning of this thread...
    Regards,
    Charles Pfeil
    www.arrowphotos.com