Options

Galley Display

HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
edited January 13, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I am working on customizing my new site, went through the 'automated" transition of my Legacy site and now have a few questions. I have not yet "unveiled" the new site. :

These issues seem pretty basic to me so I must be missing something. Any help and education appreciated.

In Smugmug Gallery Style, the photo display box is locked as "Area Reserved for Default ..." including the Comments area. How can I adjust the display parameters and edit/remove comments as in Legacy?

The display also shows the Tools, Information and Download buttons. I don't want those to show to the general public. Are these also hidden to visitors? I understand the Share button, which also shows in my current view, is hidden outside owner's view, but since I can't see the visitor view as we could in the Legacy, I can't tell.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2014
    It's a good thing you have not unveiled, this will let you review your Legacy and compare the 2 as you go along.

The locked area can be accessed by: when you are viewing the gallery to edit, Customize/Gallery Settings
    There you will find the field that holds your gallery description (was the same in legacy).\
    You can also access this field in Organize. Navigate to the gallery to edit, then click the settings icon at the top.

Then as for the photo layout, that's: Customize/Gallery Style.

Comments, I have not played with these, but in Gallery Settings you can turn them on and off.
    And when you customize a gallery, you can drag a comments block from the Social group of the Content section.

Once you see what the default behaviors are you might be able to tweak them with CSS.

One recommendation: to complete some customization, do: Done/Publish, which while you are unveiled will be viewable to you only. Don't use the "preview" option, this can result in strange content that will be more of a hassle than a help.
  • Options
    HarlanBearHarlanBear Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2014
    Thanks, Chancy.

Specifically what I'm wanting to do is shift the photo display area in a Smugmug Style gallery to the left and enlarge the whole display if possible. I also want to be able to delete individual comments. And I do not want the tool, information, download and share buttons to show to the general public.

I am hoping there is a solution within the standard Power account customizing tools. But if I need CSS code to do these things, then I'm asking if someone knows that code.

Thanks
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2014
    Hmm, I'm not sure on most of your questions.:cry

Try these links:

http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
    http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations/Gallery

http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations

and someone should be along to address your specifics.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited January 13, 2014
    HarlanBear wrote: »
    Thanks, Chancy.

Specifically what I'm wanting to do is shift the photo display area in a Smugmug Style gallery to the left and enlarge the whole display if possible....
    Sorry, you're stuck like the rest of us with that crappy new smugmug style. Notice how the thumbs and
    large photo are smaller and all that wasted space with those chevron page navs?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog