Options

Kauai

bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 739 Major grins
edited January 18, 2014 in Location, Location, Location!
In a few weeks, I will be heading to Kauai for a week. I will be staying on the north shore, but I will be renting a car and hope to cover a lot of the island. I like to do landscape photography, so if anyone has some favorite locations, I would love to hear about them. I definitely would like to get a few nice sunset/sunrise shots, waterfalls, Waimea canyon--well really everything I guess. OK, I know I can't do everything in a week, but I do hope to do a little easy to moderate hiking and maybe some snorkeling and whale watching.

If anyone has done a photo tour, I would like to hear how that turned out.

I appreciate any suggestions.
~~Barbara

Comments

• Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2014
    bfluegie wrote: »
    In a few weeks, I will be heading to Kauai for a week. I will be staying on the north shore, but I will be renting a car and hope to cover a lot of the island. I like to do landscape photography, so if anyone has some favorite locations, I would love to hear about them. I definitely would like to get a few nice sunset/sunrise shots, waterfalls, Waimea canyon--well really everything I guess. OK, I know I can't do everything in a week, but I do hope to do a little easy to moderate hiking and maybe some snorkeling and whale watching.

If anyone has done a photo tour, I would like to hear how that turned out.

I appreciate any suggestions.

It's been about three years now, but we took a photo tour on Kauai, and it was the best day ever!
    We would never have found the nine locations he brought us to without our photographer/guide, and he was helpful and pleasant.

But his landscape work was phenomenal; was really amazing.

One suggestion he made: a polarizing filter will make a huge difference in the images look. I regret not getting one before that trip.
  • Options
    bfluegiebfluegie Registered Users Posts: 739 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    Hi Smurfy,

Thanks for the info about the photo tour. I was thinking of doing one early in my stay so I could get to a lot of places in a short amount of time and find some to go back to at leisure (or at better times of day). I also hope to get some tips of additional good photo sites from the tour leader.

Also, thanks for the reminder about the circular polarizer. I have had one since I got my DSLR 5 years ago. However, I just upgraded from the kit lens to a 24-70 2.8 last fall. Boy would I have been mad when I tried to fit that 67 mm filter on the 82 mm filter ring.
    ~~Barbara