New! Checkout with PayPal on Print Sales

mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
edited January 15, 2014 in SmugMug Product News
What a day! First, we launched a brand spanking new SmugMug iOS browsing app, and now tonight, we have added PayPal checkout for you and your customers when ordering prints! Get all the PayPal gossip over on our blog.

http://news.smugmug.com/2014/01/13/new-checkout-with-paypal-on-print-sales/

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Michael

Comments

• mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2014
  • TalkieTTalkieT Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2014
    ** Jaw Drops **

Great start! Honestly amazed that this has happened at all and just had a quick play with it.

I _KNOW_ how bad this is going to sound, and I really want to applaud SM for finally doing this, but it feels half baked still, like most of your features.

You have gone and supported Paypal, a global payment processor... And you still limit to your tiny selection of currencies, forcing people into currency conversions? Please tell me that you are working on fixing this.

Despite that though, this is great news, there's still at least one simple showstopper to making the new SM work for me, but this is a big improvement (And no, It's not Javascript I am talking about :-)

Cheers - N
    --
    http://www.nzsnaps.com (talkiet.smugmug.com)
  • mishenkamishenka Banned Posts: 470 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2014
    Thanks for the new option.
    I have a question though. Forgive me for, perhaps, being a bit slow here - this new option has nothign to do with the ability to do self-fulfillment, correct? All orders are still routed via SmugMug?
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2014
    mishenka wrote: »
    Forgive me for, perhaps, being a bit slow here - this new option has nothign to do with the ability to do self-fulfillment, correct? All orders are still routed via SmugMug?
    Yes, PayPal is just an additional payment option in our shopping cart.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero