Comments

• bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2014
    The sweat on his brow hopefully indicates he's just "To Pooped to PoP" :D
  • mayflymayfly Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    bfjr wrote: »
    The sweat on his brow hopefully indicates he's just "To Pooped to PoP" :D

Ben, Possibly "pooped", but the sweat on his brow is mostly there so that no one mistakes him for a mannequin :D
  • jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    mayfly wrote: »
    i-NkC3VFn-L.jpg

I like the mood, but I would like to see the focus on the boys face. The focus point looks like it might be on the awning in the background
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    jwashburn wrote: »
    I like the mood, but I would like to see the focus on the boys face. The focus point looks like it might be on the awning in the background

At first look, this was my reaction too... but lately, I've been of a mind to try and think differently about focus points and try to
    consider when it may be "ok" to have non-subject focus points, reverse DOF, no sharp focus point, etc., etc.
    So mayfly, this is a good one for me to practice thinking and seeing differently - it's damn hard though because
    I'm so habituated to those photography "rules", which, of course, we all know are not really "RULES".
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • mayflymayfly Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    Joey, Thanks for the comment on the mood and the focus point.

Thanks Eric, As you often do, I think that you raise a good point. It has got me thinking about experimenting more when I shoot. Also how these focal point and dof choices change how well I like a photo or how it changes the mood.