Options

Change profile cover photo height?

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited January 21, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
How can I reduce the height of my home page Profile cover photo and change text size of Description? Thanksl.
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    munichmanmunichman Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2014
    agallia wrote: »
    How can I reduce the height of my home page Profile cover photo and change text size of Description? Thanksl.

I also wanted to do this and Smugmug support told me it cannot be done unfortunately. I am not sure why this cannot be done. I am also not sure of any alternative solution.

I would like to have my header include my profile photo and background and also text about my website. So how can I accomplish this and not have it super long (height) ?
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2014
    Hello, Admin. Any comment?
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2014
    agallia wrote: »
    Hello, Admin. Any comment?
    You cannot change the size of that photo. SmugMug makes multiple sizes of your photos when you upload, this is one of those sizes. It has always worked like that. Its not something that can be fixed with CSS.

You can recreate the layout using HTML and CSS and make your own version of the layout, then you can be in more control of the size.
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2014
    Hmm... let's see what this code does...

Change the size of the description text... (not sure if this is the text that you were referring to, if not please let me know)
    .sm-page-widget-profile .sm-page-widget-profile-nocover .sm-page-widget-profile-biotext {
      font-size: 10px;
      font-weight: 400;
    }

Adjust values to suit.

Caution: May need to insert "!important" before ";" to make it stick. May affect other bits of your site. May cause spontaneous bouts of laughter. Do not use if taking Aspirin or NSAIDs. Do not believe anyone that says "cannot" without due consideration. Never dry a cat in a microwave oven. Always wear clean underpants.
    Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!