Historic downtown building burns

timberrattletimberrattle Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited January 26, 2014 in Street and Documentary
IMG_6730-XL.jpg

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    Great shot. It should be up in the Documentary forum, though.
    That's where photojournalism is appreciated.

In this forum, rust trumps fire.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • timberrattletimberrattle Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    IMG_7261-XL.jpg
    edited January 17, 2014
    TonyCooper wrote: »

Thanks! I'll try to move it>
    edited January 17, 2014
    I don't know how to delete this thread. Can anyone help?
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    No, no, don't delete it. While Documentary is a good choice, I was a bit tongue in cheek.
    Many people read and post to both groups.

There's no reason why you can't post the same pix to both groups, though. They are good.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited January 18, 2014
    TonyCooper wrote:

I agree. Moving it now…

And while rust does trump fire, fire can also burn rust. Kind of a rock-paper-scissors thing. headscratch.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    love the morning after shot. You could spend a day going back with different light and find 100 different photos there. Nice work.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited January 19, 2014
    love the morning after shot. You could spend a day going back with different light and find 100 different photos there. Nice work.

Agree. That frozen upper two stories of the wall, on the right hand side in the after pic, straight on, with the right light would be most awesome. Even a close-up of that stop light.

Always a shame and sad when a landmark historic building is destroyed. I read that online that the place was supposedly haunted.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited January 19, 2014
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Agree. That frozen upper two stories of the wall, on the right hand side in the after pic, straight on, with the right light would be most awesome. Even a close-up of that stop light.

Always a shame and sad when a landmark historic building is destroyed. I read that online that the place was supposedly haunted.

Yes, there had been several gatherings and events that had taken place over the last few years associated with paranormal activity coming from within the building. It really was a terrible loss for our community.

IMG_7229-L.jpg
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2014
    I really liked the first two shots....thought they were very well done. This shot here, though, is really powerful. I like the composition and PP work. But, beyond all of that, this image can evoke strong, multi-level emotions; not that the others don't, but this one really grabs me. Well done.clap.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited January 19, 2014
    I really liked the first two shots....thought they were very well done. This shot here, though, is really powerful. I like the composition and PP work. But, beyond all of that, this image can evoke strong, multi-level emotions; not that the others don't, but this one really grabs me. Well done.clap.gif

Tom

Thanks Tom! I didn't know it at the time, but I know the firefighter. He's a good friend. He saw someone taking a picture but didn't know it was me because I was pretty much covered form head to toe. It was 4 below zero! I don't know how they stayed out there so long in such brutal conditions. Winds gusting to about 20 mph.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited January 20, 2014
    Nice shooting. thumb.gif. It would be interesting to see a morning after shot taken from exactly the same angle as the first fire shot. Or a shot from the same angle as #2 while the building was burning, though I imagine your position possibilities were restricted while the firemen were at work.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2014
    Really like these for their drama, especially the Frozen one Brrrrrrrr !