Options

Make header/bread crumb float with gallery?

calypsoraecalypsorae Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited January 18, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
This is what my galleries look like

http://calypsorae.smugmug.com/Weddings/EmilyPatrickPrep

password: june

I'd love to have my header and the breadcrumb float so as you scroll down you still have easy access to the navigation. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Les DoerflerLes Doerfler Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2014
    I'm getting a 404 error with the page link you provided, so I can't look at your site directly.

Does this do the trick for you…Customize/Customize Site/All Galleries/Layout/Pinning (Set to Header)?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 18, 2014
    Does this do the trick for you…Customize/Customize Site/All Galleries/Layout/Pinning (Set to Header)?
    I don't believe that the breadcrumb is usually placed in the header.
    calypsorae wrote: »
    I'd love to have my header and the breadcrumb float so as you scroll down you still have easy access to the navigation. Is this possible?
    As Les Doerfler mentioned you can easily pin the header. If you choose to do that make sure to add a dark enough background that it will still be visible against your photos. I'd also recommend that you look at your site on a small screen after you pin the header. How much of the smaller device is available for good photo viewing?

--- Denise
  • Options
    calypsoraecalypsorae Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 18, 2014
    Oops sorry here's the correct link
    http://calypsorae.smugmug.com/event/Patrick-Emily

I tried to do what you said and the header is not pinning. But I really want the breadcrumb to float with the gallery, it seems like this is not possible. I'd just like it if a client gets all the way to the bottom they don't have to scroll all the way up to get back. If you've seen the pixieset galleries that's kind of the look I'm going for.
  • Options
    Les DoerflerLes Doerfler Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited January 18, 2014
    I dug into this a bit more and I could not find a way to have the breadcrumb pinned. Maybe the Smugmug Help staff can assist. The issue with the header not pinning seems to be a known bug. You can pin the header for the entire site but not just for the galleries. I checked this out on my own site and this was true. The issue of the background that Denise mentioned is true as well. Mine was transparent, so my header text was really hard to read against my images.

Good luck!